Minimum usefull FOV on std gimbal

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fwiw, i've been using this lens for probably four years for a number of different things

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-s-10-22mm-f-35-45-usm

and it's got an angle of view range of 107.30 to 63.30 with a focal length range of 10-22mm. most of the time I'm using it it's set to about 12 or 13mm so an angle of view of maybe 90 to 95? the only time i end up going more narrow is when i have to get a lot of stuff into the photo but i also have a lot of room and a range of distance from the subject to frame the shot. a subject that is crowded out by stuff that doesn't belong in the photo also warrants a more narrow field of view. for video the issues are similar and this all assumes you have enough light to make the rest of the parameters work.

matwelli

Playing on weekend with my gimbal mounted gopro 3 black set at narrow (90 deg FOV) chasing some multirotors
and here is the same setting, on quad bikes, at the hairpin about 4 meters from the bike (i think)
To me 90 deg FOV seems to be fine with close up action, thoughts ? need to see what its like in the air

so reading post #3 it seems in your case you find 90 deg works as well... i prob need to bite the bullet and just get a DSLR :) with remote zoom

matwelli

Hi Rick, not really what I want, next step is something with Zoom, video out and full remote control

FerdinandK

This here is a Gopro with 60° lens on a modifyed Zemuse (balanced)

If you want to chase a racer, you have to fly a racer, there is no other choice

Here chasing a glider with 120° FOV

but whatever you do and whatever you plan it is hard to beat a P3 (in price and quality):

best regards
Ferdinand

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ahh, i see, you were always something of a boundary tester! you and Mat both actually