MinimOSD v1.1 question

shawdreamer

I just bought one of these from HK for use with my MW328p fc

figured out all the wiring and connections with a great deal of help from the diagrams on minim's website (Im very much new to all this electronics gear so I have to be pretty systematic when doing this stuff)

Ive got the boot-up screen showing on my fpv screen and as expected the board will need to be flashed with a MW firmware for it to fully work with my 328p (As mentioned I knew it was setup for APM and PIXHAWK out the box and would need flashing)....... ftdi adapter due tomorrow.

during my research into using this OSD I came across various mentions of overheating from the second stage regulator when used with 12v video setups much the same as my own (Minim even makes note of it in the user guide)

the heat issue is noted to effect models prior to v1.1 (mine) so just for peace of mind I just wanted to know if anyone here uses this version with a 12v rig and what is their experience/advice with heat on the v1.1.

please keep any answers as simplified as you can.......... I mentioned Im new to it all and to many tech words and figures make my eyes water and bottom lip tremble:D

cheers in advance people