Mikrokopter Mikrokopter spining after lift off

ovisopa

Hello,

I personally don't have a mikrokopter but a friend of mine is having some issues with his mikrokopter. He has 2 octos, one with original BL-Ctrl ESC and one with some Simon-K ESC toghether with the I2C to PWM adapter, he has user both in the past but everything started when he noticided that the compass was losing it's calibration status everytime he powered of the kopter.

The problem is that we changed the Navi-ctrl from the other kopter which is calibrated succesfully and everything in the software is ok, there are no errors in Kopter Tool V1.80b but when he tries to lift off the kopter starts to spin, in a second or two it starts to spin slowly and increasing fast the spin speed.

We have checked compass value in Kopter Tool and it seems to work properly when we rotate the kopter in hadnd left and than right. With the other NaviCTRL we have a zero value on the compass and low values (1 .. 2 .. or 3) at the Magnet X Z Y, i belive the compas is not woirking on this NaviCTRL.

We tried to flash the firmware Navi-Ctrl_STR9_V2_00a.hex and Flight-Ctrl_MEGA1284p_V2_00a.hex but with this the kopter doesn't lift off, I think it's something about the ESCs as we use the I2c to PWM adapter, flashing back the Navi-Ctrl_STR9_V0_30h.hex and Flight-Ctrl_MEGA1284p_V0_90h.hex, it let us lift the kopter but it spins :( ?

Any advices ?

Another weird thing for me, as I'm not used to Mikrokotper and also with I2C 2 PWM, after reflashing I get this message :
View attachment 13979

Here is a screenshot of the bad compass after reflashing the Navi View attachment 13980

Here is the good NaviCTRL View attachment 13981

Attachments

• found BL-ctrl 1 missing other 7 .jpg
    found BL-ctrl 1 missing other 7 .jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 171
  • good comapss and calibrated.jpg
    good comapss and calibrated.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 276
  • bad compas.jpg
    bad compas.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 234

ovisopa

Thank you for replyes.

We are looking now on the thread, also my friend didn't know that in v2 the procedure to start the motors was changed

No change to the props was made, he came with the kopter to me to help him flash a new firmware, he had the issue with the compass that was losing calibration after power off (we will try to send the board back to altigator, as the board was new) but other than that error , he didn't had any problem, the copter was flying fine.

But still have to deal with the spinning problem which occurs even with the good navi-ctrl.

My friend told me last night that maybe we should flash the i2C to PWM adapter also but I don't think this is the case because when we tested the motors from kopter tool, one by one, the correct motor was spinning (select motor 1 in kopter and move the slider up, the motor one on copter started to spin). Also he told me that correct pins ware bridged on I2C to PWM adapter so it's working as an octo, not a quad, hexa or tri.

Last edited by a moderator:

There has been numerous problems with the lastest mk software with toliet bowling people have been downgrading because of it. I too downgraded after i upgraded to the lastest software until the issue sorted out.

You might also have a emf problem? any magnet errors in your gpx files? flying close to metal objects? it has been advised to turn your compass effect to zero. good luck

Quad_Addict

ad me to the list of yawing on take off, one of my mk "quad" rigs had 2.0 updates as well, and with no changes to settings yaw on take off, nothing i could do to fix it accept jump back down firmware and it went away, that one uses red esc's and rest all black new boards ( no acc mod though)

i disabled the 2 stick arming feature though,

ovisopa

My friends problem is that even with 1.8 firmware the copter is still yawing, again he confirmed now that he didn't made any modification on the props for months, so the issue is not caused by wrong prop direction.

Anyone else around that also has the I2C to PWM adapter instead original ESCs ? when I updated the firmware, both times - on the new one and the same on the old one, after firmware update i got that message I attached in the first post :

Found BL Ctrl 1
!!! Missing BL-CTRL 2 !!!
!!! Missing BL-CTRL 8 !!!

Is this normal? (Keep in mynd that in Kopter Tool I can spin test each motor,one by one, all spins corectly, ESC is receiving signal from Flight Controller)

ovisopa

I told my friend only now how to turn compass effect to zero, I didn't knew about this untill I have searched.

We tried again today on the field with two firmware versions and no luck, with firmware version 2.0 he didn't had the guts to lift it in the air as it tried to lift in a very unleveled position, and also tendency of spinning.

The first log files in the zip are with the 2.0 fw, also the last log of each firmware was made while the kopter was hold in my hand above my had, and my friend played with the remote.

In two log files I have noticed an exclamation mark on the compass like this :

first log
Code:
Magnet Field:        112  117  125 % (!)
Magnet Inclination:  63  67  74 deg

No errors found ;)

6th log
Code:
Magnet Field:        105  107  111 % (ok)
Magnet Inclination:  64  64  67 deg

No errors found ;)

Last log:
Code:
Magnet Field:        113  123  141 % (!)
Magnet Inclination:  65  66  69 deg

Errors / warnings:
Error "ERR: Magnet Error" (22) occured 36 times!

He's a little desperate, he wanted to make a documentary and it needed some aerial shots, and now is the perfect time for this as all the forests are yellow, he told me when he left, I'm gonna get a flight to germany and wont leave from there until they show me what's wrong. He used to film (personal things) using a Sony CX730, i've seen some shots in the summer, incredible. I'm using a hexa (non MK) with a gopro and the fisheye effect is a little disturbing, even in medium fov setting ...

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• GPX.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 154