micro 4/3 lenses

kloner

Aerial DP
I have the 7-14,,, fly it a little, like when i'm nervous to go very high but need to. No ios, no filter ring but you can fabricate one. It's kinda slow. i like the way it looks, minor distortion for as wide as it is.

heres some samples from my yard of a few of these....

lumix 7-14

rock 16.5

this one shows the 14-140 vs voightlander, see the dark footy that's under exposed (14-140) vs the better exposure (voigt)....

12-35

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
beautiful footage in that second video

is that Phil Mickelson hitting golf balls in the fourth file?

kloner

Aerial DP
the rockinon has this sharpness to it.... I have the canon versions of it too and it's not nearly as nice IMO,,,, we run them on reds. you know how infinity is a random in the middle of no where, makes it hard to find & for aerials is a pain

I was out scouting locations for that yoga video we did with the handicaped yoga gal, that's one of the mist avtive fault lines in america, you can see how all the rocks are just hanging out, and sheer mountains... 3 years ago that mountain in the first part shot up 12'

kloner

Aerial DP
gh3 is 32mm, gh4 is 35mm.... ish as compare to a full size sensor.

it's only problem is it takes a real gimbal to do it, DSLR class

kloner

Aerial DP
that looks nice.... it came out after i got my pile of lenses. aside from the 7-14 which i usually run 10 ish, everything else i film and show is 14-16mm. the epic stuff we show is 35-50mm.... usually

raybans

Im flying the 14mm panasonic pancake on a GH-2, 12mm olympus and the 9-18mm oly. on a BMPCC. Interesting (positive) comments about the ois on the panasonic lenses. - have to save up for a panny 12-35 with my new GH-4.

Bartman

Im flying the 14mm panasonic pancake on a GH-2, 12mm olympus and the 9-18mm oly. on a BMPCC. Interesting (positive) comments about the ois on the panasonic lenses. - have to save up for a panny 12-35 with my new GH-4.

i posted this link elsewhere but it's worth repeating
http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/08/rise-f4-zoom-lens

it's what got me thinking about the 7-14 Lumix lens

Kloner, does the 7-14 have stops on the zoom and focus rings?

kloner

Aerial DP
no stops but there that cheap lumix feel..... kinda sticky. i'm not sure what it'd take to reliably spin that,,,, the rokinon and voigt are super smooth and easy to move.

the 12-35 is alright. my guys like it, i'm so so with it. it's all we used the first 6 months of having the gh3

12-35

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

no stops but there that cheap lumix feel..... kinda sticky. i'm not sure what it'd take to reliably spin that,,,,

i would think that a couple of micro servos would do the job with lots of exponential and a zero position resistor in place of the potentiometers.

kloner

Aerial DP
it'll take some pretty big servos.... if i had to give the lens movement a number, i'd guess 50+ grams to move it..... this movement has a feeling like it'll hold a servo back. Do you have a lumix lens now? Feel the focus ring,,, it's that. like a plastic bushing. nothing like a cine lens

checkout that guy from here, rc rotor... he has a pretty nice gear reduced follow focus. Ben worked with him a bit when he first came around, i tried to but he was expensive

Bartman

no Lumix lenses, just the 12mm prime for the Zenmuse. 50 grams is OK as the servo would have a much smaller diameter pulley to move the larger focus or zoom rings so there would be a gearing advantage helping the small servos. the pulley/gear ratio would also help to make the larger motions of the servos appear small and smooth in the video.

i need to pony up $1000 for the lens which I'm not in a position to do at the moment. a small plate under the camera with a micro servo on each side of the lens and some belts driving the rings should do it. can't do it with the Zenmuse but the Mōvi should have no problem with it on there.

kloner

Aerial DP
all the systems i see perfected look like this

View attachment 18910

still think the 14-140 would give alot more oomph. the 12-35 will look like you moved closer, the 14-140 starts making a distinct focus area, more like a news chopper affect

Attachments

• IMG_1656 2.jpg
    IMG_1656 2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 323

Bartman

that looks about right Steve but what I have in mind would be for the one lens so it would be smaller and lighter. that equipment in your photo looks like it's meant to be adaptable for different lenses.