Maximum AUW

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Apples vs. Oranges. Flight controllers do not care how heavy they are. That's all about your power systems (ESCs, motors, props, etc.).

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Really? So I can build a 40 meter wide and 40 ton heavy quad by welding four Mil-17 helicopters to a frame and fly it with a NAZA?

Rotorfreek

Yes you could. That said, a 40 ton fly away... He he...

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Does anyone know of an max AUW with a NAZA M V2...

@cold blue steel , what they're trying to say is that the flight controller doesn't really know how heavy the helicopter is, it only knows if the responses to its commands are working or not. So if you wanted to build a very large and very heavy helicopter, so long as the propellers, motor controllers, motors, and batteries can do their jobs and respond quickly enough for the NAZA to maintain control it should all work like any other smaller helicopter.

i don't know about 4 dragonflies to an enchilada other than if there is enough tequila and hot sauce, it might make for a better snack than it would a helicopter. :)

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
A very heavy multirotor will not respond quickly beacuse of the inertia involved. Both the wieght itself and the gyroscopic effect of large rotors will add to the inertia. The crucial question is how slow reactions a controller like the NAZA can handle before things like induced oscillation becomes a serious problem.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
inertia is all relative though and a matter of tuning. if the elements are capable, and if the tuning requirements are within the limits of what the NAZA can do then it might work just fine.

i don't know, maybe there's a threshold where the motors can't be scaled larger and still perform equally relative to their smaller versions.

Thanks for the feed back. I am considering a rework on my 750 spy... AV200, kde 4012's 55 a ESCs.... The biggest think to keep in mind with be keeping COG properly located..

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Gain. That a new thing I learned the other day.
You'll have to adjust the gain to match the response of your multirotor. A heavy multirotor will have slower response. Does that mean the gain should be set high or low? My guess is low.