Looking for advice on motors

Hey all... right now I have a quadcopter that uses 4 Sunnysky x2212 980kv motors. 11x4.7 props, Naza Lite controller, Fatshark FPV, EZosd, 3s 5000mah setup, 1750g overall weight. 10-12 mins of flight time depending on flying and weather conditions.

Over the next month I plan on adding a gimbal and rebuilding the frame to accommodate it. Obviously the weight will go up. I'm looking to stick with Sunnysky motors, 3s setup (since I have a ton of batteries), and looking to remain around 10-12 mins of flight time. Which Sunnysky motors should I switch to? Let's say the overall weight increases to 2000-2200g. I'd rather have more beefier motors than not enough.

Thanks!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Really I think you will struggle a bit to get good performance on 3S, not going to be much head room at all.

Old Man

Probably, if the ESC's and motors are rated for 14.8v. That set up is almost (880kV) the same arrangement the 3dR X-8 uses, and their upgraded quad. The quad will do about 15-20 minutes on 4s without a gimbal or camera. It's pretty light The X-8 about 9.5 minutes with gimbal and camera, using an aux 900mA battery for FPV. It's kind of heavy.