Little camp in the mountains....where can I land???? Did it!

Gump

You need to get some CGI in there... make the clouds reflection on the water distort to the beat!
Cool vid!!

And I though I was addicted....Good idea Gump. I will certainly need some assistance to get into CGI. Sounds too complicated for an old pilot like me. Ha! Ha!

Gump

LOL!
By the way I have a question... maybe not just for you. And this is not a question to provoke criticism in any way shape or form... its a question about video.
Why is it in this video, especially noticeable at the end when the camera/copter is being hand held, that there is so much noticeable jello? Is it a problem with the the type of camera? Is there ways around it either using some modification or by simply choosing different equipment? I need to find ou tmore about the video stuff before I buy!

Hi Gump,

Your observation is very accurate and indeed, a bit mystifying when you look at the general stability of the video. Needless to say that I have noticed this effect as well. It was not on the original track but appeared after I ran the Youtube post stabilization software which got rid od some camera shaking airborne BUT gave me some jello at the end. Go figure.... This stabilization software is effective, free but not perfect. The original Gopro2 footage is really good, in my opinion, and has absolutely 0 jello effect. If someone knows a better post stab software, please let me know.

Thank you for commenting.

Kilby

That's not jello, it's just what happens when you post stabilize a video shot with a fish eye lens. I assume you used a GoPro for this, and at the time of the "jello" you were rocking the craft back and forth to demonstrate the gimbal?

Hi Kilby,

You are right on the money! In order to reduce the not so enjoyable fish eye effect, the Gopro2 allow me to shoot with a field of view of 127 degrees vs 170 degrees which makes quite a difference. As you mentionned, some side effect, however, if post stab is used.