Lite to V2?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Exactly what happened, poor form by DJI, they have been totally silent when people have had problems and fly aways but very vocal now, total asses in my view.

rabeiro

I haven't had much luck with my naza lite. It seems very inconsistent. I can lock gains in remotely on a calm day, fly it steadily, but those same gains are entirely unreliable on a windy day. I've learned to keep remote adjustments on the radio at sacrifice of gimbal control and Ioc (noob).

seems to be a lot of fussing for something supposedly plug n play compared to the APM I have. only had to set that once and flies solidly in any condition.

Seeing they haven't addressed the lite issues, they should get on the ball.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm not sure why people continue to bother with the Lite...is it just to save a few bucks? the V2 is a pretty darn good flight control system, no the best out there but very good for most hobbyists looking for all around performance.
for more specific applications the NAZA may or may not be the best choice but by the time you're making that choice, if you started with a NAZA, you're likely well aware of what you need.

rabeiro

I know for me, it was recommended as "good enough" for a starting project. they advertise it as plug and play, so I thought more time in air, less on computer... I was wrong.

what would be better in your opinion? Based on my favorable experience with even the lower end APM, and the vast amount of positive reviews comparing it to V2, I'm really thinking pixhawk for next build. I had my eye on the eagletree vector, but they aren't Mac friendly. what would you say is better?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
There are always the questions before the recommendation

What do you want to use it for?
What heli stuff do you have experience with?
Do you mind being more involved in tuning and set-up?

rabeiro

aerial photography for hobby. only experience with the two quads I built. one with APM and other the naza. I rather enjoy the setups - it's what I like most about the apm, tweaking. I was curious about anything else out there other people recommend.

ppmd

Jonathan,

The install for Lite to V2 upgrade is stupid-easy. Just do it! Follow instructions on the site you posted.

leofuica

Hi, already have Wookong-M, Naza V2 and Pixhawk.
I thought that Pixhawk are the best solution, but when i try to configurate in airplane and hexacopter this point turn into a nightmare, thousands of parameters, not friendly interface, a real pain in the *** and lost in the configuration about 3 weeks...
I spend a lot of hours try to setup but finally return to DJI (in multirrotors) because is simple and the best performance.

ppmd

@leofuica,

I agree with you. I trust the reliability of my Naza. I don't need the granular controls like I do with helicopters (I like V-Bar). I want the Naza to simply work and not fly away. Having a FULL understanding of how it's designed to work also helps, esp when it comes to using Home Lock, Course Lock, and Fail Safe modes.

Good luck with your Pixhawk.