lets define "minimal quadcopter"

Old Man

This kind of creativity is why they'll never, ever be able to completely control what we do regardless of some regulatory process. I love it!

matwelli

thanks for that, always got to try something new or develop the old

second test, carrying camera and putting it thru its paces with yaw

matwelli

Hi Bart - dunno, but one day i will wake up with another idea to try

Rgolfer - Motors Gaui 1050's 8 by 4.5 props, 10 amp esc's , 3S 2200 lipo . 837 grams all up
Flight controller is an OpenPilot CC3D , but this is using a standard quad mix, so any FC would work

This design makes me look at the AP platform I built, its a standard design, RC timer spyder frame, flamewheel arms, 10 by 4.5 props, 4S 3000 lipo, Ardupilot FC with GPS , FPV camera and transmitter, and a 2 axis gimbal with GoPro Hero3- Standard stuff really

It weighs 1915 grams, and gets 8 mins on its battery

My new design , if I added the gimbal, the APM and the FPV gear, may hit 1100 grams....and does teh same job.....takes up less than half the space....and would hurt someone less if it fell from the sky.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
It should be called Jose Jalapeno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Geoff Dunham's quite amusing. Ahmed the dead terrorist has my kids in stitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Av8Chuck

not being a north american resident, i had to do a google search to see what Jose Jalapeno was :)
That's funny. I live in North America and I had to look it up too...

Are you going to sell them or would you be willing to post the specs of the frame here? It looks like a lot of fun. A lot of these MR's are getting so big and expensive that it isn't as much fun as it used to be.

matwelli

to be honest, i almost thought about "kickstarting" it , everyone else is !

I will post up the specs , in the process of stripping the frame, so can take some photos.

My aim is to keep it light, and make the camera the "focus" for the frame design

Will be building version 2 soon, so will post all the details up for that if you like