Left stick - down decent...

gmg69

Left stick - down descend - shut off??

Hi everyone, new to this forum...have had my Phantom 2 for a month now. Really enjoying my practice flights so far. Quick question...
While stationary on the ground and running, pulling ONLY the left stick down to decelerate the rotors will ultimately shut the unit off. Will this happen in mid-air??? If I'm 200 feet up and want to come down, will the unit shut off while I'm trying to descend??

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yes, it will. If the cut-off is set to immediate the motors will stop if the throttle is below 10%. If set to intelligent you will have three seconds before the motors cut-out.

Solution: Don't drop your throttle below 10%.

IBBuk

Yes, it will. If the cut-off is set to immediate the motors will stop if the throttle is below 10%. If set to intelligent you will have three seconds before the motors cut-out.

Solution: Don't drop your throttle below 10%.

Benjamin, in rather confusing sentence structure, the manual says in a paragraph about Intelligent Mode:
(3) During normal flight, only pull throttle stick under 10% will not stop motors in any control mode.

That sentence seems to imply if in Intelligent Mode, the motors will not stop if flying. Flying perhaps meaning not sitting on the ground. I was thinking the 3 seconds referred to either after performing a CSC in both Immediate and Intelligent Modes or any time you went below 10% in Immediate Mode.

Please clarify that paragraph in the manual on page 10 of the V1.22 Quick Start Guide. The sentence structure is so confusing. Thanks !

The sentence seems to have the comma in the wrong spot. Like it should say this instead, "(In Intelligent Mode) During normal flight only, pulling the stick under 10% will not stop motors in any control mode."

gmg69

Thanks for the reply. I have read in other DJI forums that while flying, in intelligent mode, it will not stop the rotors if you pull the stick all the way down. I just wonder if anybody has actually tested this. I had my GF hold onto the landing gear while in mid-air. While at full throttle, I then pulled back to descend (slow the rotors). After 3 seconds, they shut off. The Phantom wasn't actually descending though, as she had a grip on it...so that test could be misleading.