Launching from a boat....

I have to do a project where I have to launch from a boat to get the shots we want. Question: am I going to have any issues with my aircraft flying level or the zen since the boat is not level?? Going to fly a phantom and A2.

yodo1

Hi,
Have just done the exact same thing at the weekend, with ok results, although not up in the air too long.
The zenmuse did handle it very well. One idea I had for the next time, was to possible set up on shore and then launch from the boat, that way I would have a RTH point if anything happened, but that would only work on an inshore situation, not right out at sea, and if you had someone at base to radio / phone if there was a problem to receive the phantom and keep the landing point safe etc. another idea was to take a board to place the phantom on and hold it level whilst it got the gps lock. - Both ideas untried though.

CdA D

Good idea concerning Home Point. I'll be doing some work from my boat this summer and starting on shore will help my concerns, since these aircraft seem to be buoyant challenged.