Landing gear for F550

Flydigital

I saw a thread on this from 2 years ago that didn't seem to get concluded fully…..
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ding-gear-for-F550&highlight=dji+landing+gear

I can see 3 possible options and wanted to know what others made of these...

http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php..._id=20&zenid=3b3d53cdd63d4220a4180f1cf968dd0a
£65. Looks very robust and professional but also looks heavy too?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Origi...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd46bd71d
£15. DJI's own landing gear which looks very light but also a bit feeble and underspeced?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-ANTI-...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item43c216fe68
£26. A halfway option. Basically a cheaper knock off of option 1.

I feel like option 3 is the one unless anyone advises to spend a bit more. I'm eventually going to add a decent gopro gimbal but doing it bit by bit.

thanks for any advice!

STI-REX

Gettin Old

Attachments

• IMG_0255[1].jpg
    IMG_0255[1].jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 408

I had a set of option 3 broke easily in a crash and even assembly the parts felt cheap. They are also available on the goodluckbuy website. I now use a set of the DJI designed and they have worked great... i did put some light rubber end caps on the ends to add a bit of extra cushioning and height but not really necessary.

sledge57

I have one very similar to option 3 and as far as I can see it is not so much a knock off of anything but simply a better design.

Mine is this one with the brace.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-Anti-Vibration-Multifunction-Landing-Skid-for-DJI-F450-F550-Quad-Hexa-copter/400569979819?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D4138817869376700217%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D291019095656%26

After buying one aerocraft gimbal that in the end was expensive and not very good I will not buy from them again.

Unless you plan on mounting a gimbal I would not use anything.

Pete

Hey Pete, after seeing this a few weeks ago I purchased the LG you linked to.

I just received it the other day, looks good but I'd like to see how you mounted yours if you can.

Thanks,

I have these two items on order for my F550 I am building very excited.

GAUI Retractable Folding Landing Gear - 129.00
Phoenix Flight Gear CarbonGear GAUI Retract Adapter Kit For DJI F450/F550 +More : 45.00

Gaui retracts horrible

By the way the gaui retracts are horrible.
RC-drones.com does not back up their product.
I told them how cruddy they were and they would not refund my money.
Do not shop with them.
I have been looking for a better pair of retracts but have not found any yet.

hugh4g

@Simon, I see you are using the 550 upgrade kit, is it from AMP? and how do you like it?

best

Hugh

@Simon, I see you are using the 550 upgrade kit, is it from AMP? and how do you like it?

Yes, that's the AMP kit. It is alright. It does what it's advertised to do. Had I to do it over again...I might have gone with a different set from another vendor.

On the other hand, I really don't even fly this bird very often any longer. Have been seriously considering scavenging it for parts for another frame. If so, I'll probably sell off the AMP parts as well as the gimbal. I found that, for the sort of filming I do, a GoPro worked as well as the nex-5.

....sT

Last edited by a moderator:

Mav

Hey guys I built my second multirotor yesterday after having what i think was a fly away with my 450 running naza lite. I upgraded to the M V2 and an F550 with the Photoship One Landing gear. This is my first hex so I'm not sure if this is common flight characteristics of this craft but i expected it to be much more stable flight. The 550 rocks front to back on the pitch axis. Example, if i fly forward and let go of the sticks and let the flight controller stabilize, it rocks like a pendulum effect. The wind will also cause this. I do not get this on the roll axis. I am thinking it may be a gain issue on the pitch axis. I installed the photoship one landing gear on it which has a long gimbal boom and you counterweight it with a rearward battery placement which is also on a boom, so I am thinking this could be causing the pendulum effect. The CG is dead on front to back, but it is obviously out of balance top to bottom because of the landing gear, gimbal, and battery being all on the bottom. So is this a CG problem or gain issue? Please help me get this thing to fly as good as it looks.

I have the AeroXcraft landing gear on my F550, I don't think its that heavy I also had an out of control landing which only cracked one side of the landing gear legs, hot glued them up for a couple of weeks until i replaced just the parts i needed. I made some small mods to the poles at the bottom.
You have some very good balance with them so getting your CG right is easy.
Not used any others because they worked fine for me.

The AeroXcraft landing gear is not at all heavy. The full set is barely but a few ounces.

And Rob (Mr AeroXcraft himself) is one of the best when it comes to support...tech or otherwise. Wish all vendors were as great as he is.

....sT

haha49

I have 2 F550 1 with your 1 choice landing gear and another with your 3 choice. The 1 one is really heavy for what it is and the 3 allot less weight. I would go with number 3 it's cheapish but it works well for the price. I never tried 2 but I see lots of videos and you seem to get the legs in the shot allot.