KK Flight Controller KK2 V1.6 firmware

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Anyone using it, what has it improved, what has it fixed for you?

Just loaded it into my micro for a play.

Cheers.

Pete

KartRacer

Loaded it this morning on three KK 2 boards updating from 1.5. There does not seem to be a big difference but, it is easier to fly and is more stable in the air. Flew five flights and all seems well. I am using HK blue 30 amp esc with Turnigy 28/36 950 Kv and 10x 4.7 props on a 550 mm frame.
I think it is worth the effort!

Tomstoy2

Mine flew damn good, too,,,, until I flew it into the ground hard and shorted out the board.
Now I need to get a new one.

Tomstoy2

I received my new board and have been slowly reassembling my f330. However, I no longer see the esc calibration screen? How do you calibrate the esc's now?

Macsgrafs

I received my new board and have been slowly reassembling my f330. However, I no longer see the esc calibration screen? How do you calibrate the esc's now?
I managed ok with ver 1.2 but now since I upgraded to V1.6 I can't calibrate either! normally you turn on your transmitter & set throttle to maximum, now hold down buttons 1 & 4 on the KK2 board, keep them pressed all the time & connect the lipo, you will hear all the ESC's go through their startup cycle (make sure props are OFF), after the ESC's have set high range & all the singing & dancing has finished to move your transmitter throttle back to minimum & let the ESC's sing & dance some more...when they have finished you release the buttons on the KK2 board & power off...that's it!

Ross

Tomstoy2

Dooo,,,, thanks Ross, don't know how many times I read that. Good thing I'm getting long in the tooth, can't remember anything half the time and the other half I forget!

Macsgrafs

Dooo,,,, thanks Ross, don't know how many times I read that. Good thing I'm getting long in the tooth, can't remember anything half the time and the other half I forget!

I'm no different Tom, I only know because I done it this morning...I blame memory loss of the crap they are spraying us with!!!!

Ross

Herscheldee

Hi all, Can someone please help me I am building my first tri copter (Bat Bone) using kk2 board got it together programed the esc the rec works throttle works all motors start the same time , but no input on the Yaw servo is the error on the kk board , I have it plugged in correctly (I think) to position 4 on the kk2 what have I missed ?Thanks in advance, Herschel Dee KF4TKL

Efliernz

Pete
The power connection into the KK2 from the esc is only on motor 1. All the positive and negitive are commoned on the KK2 for motors 2-6. Connect the power from one of the motor 2-3 esc's and it will provide power to the servo.

Pete

Herscheldee

Thank you so much, that got my servo to working and now I am trying to test fly it and it yaws the correct way, left is left and right is right but when I lift off , it won'ts to turn clockwise circles? Can you help with that anyone. Thanks so much for your help.

Macsgrafs

Thank you so much, that got my servo to working and now I am trying to test fly it and it yaws the correct way, left is left and right is right but when I lift off , it won'ts to turn clockwise circles? Can you help with that anyone. Thanks so much for your help.

Have you checked that the props are on the right way?