KK Flight Controller KK2.0 power

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
In the same place you would if you were using non-opto ESC BECs is fine, or any other +/- connections on the board. I'm not familiar with the board, but on most the positive and negative connections are all common. Check this with a meter to confirm.

LowFlier

A lot of people apply the power to the RX, which in turn powers the KK2. If you are doing something that requires a servo you will need to supply that power to one of the M2-M8 connectors on the KK2 as well.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
On the KK2 board only motor one is connected though to power so 2-8 you can't use for BEC power.

flitelab

Simplest is to power via the Rx from the BEC if you are using opto ESCs. The KK2 only takes power on the M1 motor pins, not M2-8.

Thanks for all the replies! So in short i cant connect a ubec to the kk2 to supply power instead i plug it in the rx which will power the kk2? Is that correct or i cant power it using m2-8 but can use other + - connections on the board?

LowFlier

There are two separate power circuits on the KK2.

The KK2 can get it's power from either the M1 connector or from any of the connectors that go to the receiver. So if you power the receiver the KK2 is powered as well. If you were using non-opto ESCs, the M1 connector could power the KK2 from that ESC instead. Or you could use a Y on any of those connectors to power the KK2. It doesn't really matter as long as one of those connectors gets power.

M2-M8 are not connected to the same power circuit, so power to those will not power the KK2. If any servos are plugged into M2-M8, they will not get power from the KK2 either, so you would need to supply power to one of those connectors as well (or directly to the servo, with the servo only being connected to the KK2 by the signal wire). If you only have ESCs connected to M2-M8, that circuit does not require power.

Last edited by a moderator:

brijesf

biginner quod
hi my friend i ask the same ???......if i understand you.....you said that if I connect the esc in M1 THE BOARD WILL TAKE THE POWER?

Simplest is to power via the Rx from the BEC if you are using opto ESCs. The KK2 only takes power on the M1 motor pins, not M2-8.