KK Flight Controller KK2.0 Acrobatics Mode Question

goh

I understand that you do acrobatics in the KK2 acro (manual) mode (and set your stick scaling appropriately), but can you do flips and rolls in the self-leveling mode?
It would just be nice to come out of flips and rolls with some self-leveling stability. If self-leveling mode acros are possible, what board and TX settings do you use?

Spanky

It's possible but give yourself LOTS of altitude because the loops or rolls are going to be HUGE! Have you considered cheating? Fly in atti mode then ready to flip or roll flip your switch to manual mode, complete the loop then switch back to atti just as it comes back somewhat level. I would keep stick scaling at 80 or higher for this on everything but yaw. I normally fly about 85ish most of the time.

Spanky

The higher the stick scaling number the more sensitive the quad will be. It basically increases the rate of turn. If doing a flip with stick scaling on say 50 it will make a large diameter loop. If the stick scaling is set to say 80 the size of the loop will be much smaller and it will complete the manover much faster. Sort of like dual rates.

Cheers,

Spanky

rwilabee

When you set the stick scaling does it affect manual and auto leveling mode?

The higher the stick scaling number the more sensitive the quad will be. It basically increases the rate of turn. If doing a flip with stick scaling on say 50 it will make a large diameter loop. If the stick scaling is set to say 80 the size of the loop will be much smaller and it will complete the manover much faster. Sort of like dual rates.

Cheers,

Spanky

When you set the stick scaling does it affect manual and auto leveling mode?

It affects both. With high stick scaling, small movements of the stick cause big movements of the craft. What Spanky meant by more sensitive. If you want to fly in Self Level mode and still do flips, I recommend upgrading your firmware to 1.6++. It has Self Level Mixing mode that is like Horizon mode on Multiwii boards. What that means is when your right stick is toward the center, its in self level mode. But when the stick is toward the edges it transitions into acro mode.