KK Flight Controller kk blue v2.5

XPFTP

http://www.valuehobby.com/multicopters/control-boards/multi-rotor-control-board.html

ok this board i got for a test. new to all this . i put the heli mode on it and i got nothing. i reflashed with a quad. got nothing..

when in heli mode. i should be able to use servos . but i try to arm it nothing. iam useing a dx6 in heli mode..
is this maybe the issue ? when i power the RX up .. the lil blue lite on the control blinks a few times then nothing..

any ideas would be awsome.. thanks ..

hoggdoc

New-Bee
http://www.valuehobby.com/multicopters/control-boards/multi-rotor-control-board.html

ok this board i got for a test. new to all this . i put the heli mode on it and i got nothing. i reflashed with a quad. got nothing..

when in heli mode. i should be able to use servos . but i try to arm it nothing. iam useing a dx6 in heli mode..
is this maybe the issue ? when i power the RX up .. the lil blue lite on the control blinks a few times then nothing..

any ideas would be awsome.. thanks ..

Have you searched for a manual or on Youtube for setup videos. It can be very helpful. I just setup my first KK 2.0 board so really don't know about the Blue Board you have but did really find it helpful looking at videos on Youtube.

HD

XPFTP

yes i couldnt find any.. wish i looked before i bought it. might not have gotton it then bein so lil support from KK and not much on net about it .. there own online manual doesnt really do a good job in trouble shooting ..

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
yes i couldnt find any.. wish i looked before i bought it. might not have gotton it then bein so lil support from KK and not much on net about it .. there own online manual doesnt really do a good job in trouble shooting ..

That's one of the old KK boards and the current code for the KK 2.0 won't run on it, the only firmware that will work can be found here... http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=xxcontroller

I have one of the blue boards and had its older brother the red board that I gave to one of the guys in the club that was building his first quad. They fly OK but not nearly as good as the KK 2.0, biggest issue I had with them was gyro drift as the board warms up, be prepared to keep trimming the yaw as you're flying. They do make decent controller for aerobatics if you have enough stick time to be able to compensate for the boards quirks.

I used to have an actual manual for the blue board, or at least as much of a manual as there was. I'll see if I can find it but it may have been lost when my last laptop motherboard died and spiked the hard drive losing all the data in the process...

Ken

XPFTP

That's one of the old KK boards and the current code for the KK 2.0 won't run on it, the only firmware that will work can be found here... http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=xxcontroller

I have one of the blue boards and had its older brother the red board that I gave to one of the guys in the club that was building his first quad. They fly OK but not nearly as good as the KK 2.0, biggest issue I had with them was gyro drift as the board warms up, be prepared to keep trimming the yaw as you're flying. They do make decent controller for aerobatics if you have enough stick time to be able to compensate for the boards quirks.

I used to have an actual manual for the blue board, or at least as much of a manual as there was. I'll see if I can find it but it may have been lost when my last laptop motherboard died and spiked the hard drive losing all the data in the process...

Ken

1st. prayers to you and your area.. iam on the west end of the pike in albany ...

wondering do you remember off hand. do you set it to aeroplane ? or heli on the controler ? and il give that firmware a go. i think i did already but ill give it a freash start and cross my fingers.

dang it.. i flashed it ..and still nothing.. i dont think the board is any good.. since i been at it for over 6 or so months iam stuck .. this is a bummer would really have loved to gotton this working..

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
1st. prayers to you and your area.. iam on the west end of the pike in albany ...

wondering do you remember off hand. do you set it to aeroplane ? or heli on the controler ? and il give that firmware a go. i think i did already but ill give it a freash start and cross my fingers.

dang it.. i flashed it ..and still nothing.. i dont think the board is any good.. since i been at it for over 6 or so months iam stuck .. this is a bummer would really have loved to gotton this working..

Always set the TX to airplane or acro mode with a multi. It is possible to use heli mode but you lose use of the pitch channel since all heli modes mix pitch with throttle and I have never seen a radio that allowed that mix to be removed other than to set it to airplane mode.

I still have copies of the older firmware and a working blue board, if you want to send yours to me I can verify if it works or not since I have a working one to check against. I might even be able to send it back ready to hookup and fly if it isn't totally toasted, I have the capability to replace SMD components if it's just a blown diode or something similar keeping it from powering up.

PM me if you want to send it over.

Ken

XPFTP

pm sent. cant thank you enough for any helpon this ken. its probley me and not a clue on how things work but at least this way you know what your doing and will know for sure..

thank you very much for your help .. just awsome .