Kits similar to spreading wings s900

TechBill

Howdy

I am new to the drone scene but have flew R/C planes in the past.

I have done some surface researchs on drone and I like the look of spreading wings s900 drone but prefer to build my own. Are there frame kits out there that are similar to the s900?

Also is there any good guide on DIY drones?

Thank you

Bill

TechBill

I have looked at the F550 and Cortex so far. Both look good but F550 are not tubed and seem to have fixed stand. I noticed in many of the youtube videos that the stand and propellers are showing up inside the view frame.

The Cortex also looked good but I found a post in this forum where folks having issue with retractable stand and using fight controller of their choosing. It not really a DIYer if it restricting the customer to certain products brand or hardwares.

I am still looking around, something with tubed arms and retractable stand. I found several Quad but I think I want to start with Hexa.

Bill

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
They just came out pretty recently, but Tarot makes some quality stuff. I have 2 sets of those retracts and they rock, I can't see the frame being any different. The S900 flys great and this seems to clone the dimensions so I'm sure it would rock!