Kde 4215-465 bench test. Shocked by results.

fltundra

Attachments

• SpecKDE465.png
    SpecKDE465.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 238

Pumpkinguy

Recommended esc: 55amp. Enough said.

Pretty much all their motors say 62+amp. Except the 7215 which is 85+amps which they recommend a 75 amp esc. So basically they have conflicting information. Bad information. I'm not throwing them under the bus here but they are the manufacturer. They recommend a 55amp for this motor. So now based on their recommendation and their "performance data" I spent $600 on esc's that I can't use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 225

Pumpkinguy

I mailed him last week. I won't paste the email here because I don't have his permission.
Basically he said for a Auw of 14kg (hex) these esc's are fine.

I did the testing after that email. Sent him my findings Thursday but haven't heard back.

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
What would be the unloading factor during flight? Would that account for the discrepancy?

Old Man

Determining the "unloading" factor would be pretty involved. One would have to extensively test different propeller types with different tip separations in flight out of ground effect to establish an average.

Remoteworks

Same story. If 1 fails you can get the copter safely down.
There's no controller that can fly an hex with 2 motors broken.

We have the 5215 motors with the 55 amp esc's swinging 16" apc props. testing in a warehouse that was 25° F we saw ESC temps up to 200°. this is way to hot considering we have a setup with Upower U7 420kv motors and 80 amp esc combo that never gets warm. They have responded in an email stating the speed controls were good up to 240°, i would never want to run any ESC on the edge like that. maybe it can handle it for a period of time, but for how long? it was really unfortunate that KDE recommended the 55 amp Esc with confidence saying it would work great with the 5215 motors. they will not swap our speed controls out and expect us to pay another $1200 for 8 75 amp speed controls. since we are flying the red im not going to risk a shutdown and crash because of something stupid like this. none the less, this is a big bummer and i dont think ill be purchasing any more KDE products.

Old Man

I know this will make some unhappy, but some deadly accurate testing has shown the high amperage T-Motor ESC's are the best on the market. I cannot share the stats but I know the source and would trust them with my country.

FYI, I am not a T-Motor fanboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk