Just wondering if anyone is local to me way down here in Cornwall

Hey all,

New to 6 axis and have a Crius AIO Pro on DJI F450 frame.

And wondering if there is any one near me that can give some in person tips and tricks and advice. Im in Helston

Many Regards

Gordon

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Macsgrafs is down your way I think.
There are one or two from your neck of the would on FPVHUB if no- one child chimes in here.

Jits

Hi Gordon, I was in Mullion until about a year ago but now in Wales. Macsgrafs is in Devon I think. Will PM you if I'm back down your way anytime soon. Good luck with the f450.

agricola

Hi Gordon, well for my sins I too live in Helston, was beginning to think I was the only one this far west. I am flying a F550 with naza and Gopro3. All the best. Not long to Flora day !

Ok I thot I might of found someone from close by , not that close tho lol. OH I know, chaos comes to helston. Do you fly often and where abouts ? At the moment i only practice a bit at Mawgan sports field, and indoor at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on a sunday evening

Last edited by a moderator:

agricola

Hi, how's the flying at Carn Brea going ? I haven't flown in a since the beginning of the month, still waiting on a new camera gimbal before taking to the skies again. I try to fly as often as the weather allows, mostly on a large site close to carn brea where I work. I am hoping to record some of the site before part of it is redeveloped and they put a new road across it. What's the site in Mawgan like ? All the best.

It was doing well until after a firmware update the quad started seriously misbehaving, throttle position wouldn't calibrate, and fail safe cut out was lower than low stick, also the gps again wouldn't behave, any automated commands sent it haywire, ie loiter, or RTH. Long story short and after a lengthy convo with Peter King, it was posted back to him, Ive just had an email from him saying hes replaced the GPS unit with the most uptodate, and installed all the latest param for the CRIUS and GPS module. Test flown it and says it flying like a dream now. He missed the post today so will be shipped Wednesday and so I should make sunday nights flying and see how I get on. Mawgan is fine, its just a normal sports field, not bad size, but limited to weekends and evenings as the jets and merlins tend to not like u in their flight path, cant think why. So have you been at Carn Brae then with the Redruth and District flying club, Ive possibly spoke to you then and not realised who you were. Once the quad is back and running do you think next time you fly I could maybe join you and get some hints and tips as like my Intro post said, im brand new to 6 axis stuff. Gordon