Just getting into, recommendations assistance

ChEB

I've been trying to learn more about quad rotors lately and am about to take the plunge. I was trying to keep the cost at or below 2000 dollars but I think with what I'm looking for that might not be enough. I have been considering a TBS Discovery pro from black sheep. The price gets steep but I was really hoping to have OSD, gimble, and the best flight control/GPS currently available(i'm guessing its the Nava V-2). The other multi-rotor I'm looking at is the DJI F550. For the veterans out there which of these would you recommend? Next up, am I out of my league for starting at this level? I've built several gaming computers and have had alot of flight experience with cheap best buy disposable helos but I don't think I am fully aware of the complications of radio frequencies and component compatibility let alone how to calibrate some of the parts. Right now my train of thought is get the frame, motors, flight control, OSD, video components, gimble, and HOPE I can power it all with the correct battery setup. Then somehow pair it with a remote control and video goggle. I was hopping to be able to build it myself with the help of forums and Google.