Just another drone stadium crash - college football

maxwelltub

too many of these cases just end in someone getting talked too by the police. The more people who are arrested the more of a message it will send for people to wise up.

This is to be expected when you mass market multirotors. There should be a weight limit for the toy store ones and maybe a simple licensure for the big ones. That's the only way that people will be somewhat accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotth

The biggest changes will happen after someone gets clobbered and a sharp plaintiff attorney takes everyone to the bank. Just look at what owning a pool, trampoline, certain dogs, etc. does to your insurance rates.

violetwolf

"Had a drone invade your privacy, or cause damage to your property? Sign up for our class action and get a piece of what you deserve!"

(Hopefully from DJI lol)

violetwolf

Law student Peyton Wilson, 24, of Louisville, was flying the drone while standing outside the stadium when it crashed into the suite-level glass on the south side of the stadium, the university said in a release ... snip... Wilson believes the number of cell phones in the stadium may have caused the drone to malfunction, according to Morgan.

Confirming my suspicion that these dummies don't realize radio waves can't penetrate walls. Not even a basic understanding of the gear!

One of the parachutists told police he had to take evasive measures to avoid the drone, which came within 20 feet of his parachute.

Oh man. This makes my heart sink thinking of what the the dummies may cause at other parachuting events. A Phantom tangled in your chute would mean almost certain death.

UK is already taking steps aimed at preventing any similar incidents
"One of the things were are going to do is actually put in our parking lots signs that say 'This is a no drone fly zone,'" Monroe said.

Pfffft