Jeti and S800 Evo?

Triple

What do you all think of using this transmitter with an S800? I like the large display for telemetry near the top, but not above the case, where I think a second screen should be installed as part of a FPV system. I may still need a 2nd less expensive transmitter/receiver and 2nd camerman to direct the camera with his own secondary FPV monitor.

a3822177-175-Jeti2.jpg

I think choosing a transmitter is a personal taste kind of thing. As long as it gives you the channels you need for the Wookong and/or gimbal, and it has some kind of frequency hopping or encoding to prevent other transmitters from interfering, you're good to go.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ttriple i use the DC 16 with my setups more than happy with it. You can run two receivers at once in dual mode for example, and you can get receiver capable of PPM thus only one wire connection to the fx !

this video give you a little insight:

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple

Nice setup Boris. Did you need any weird, strange connectors to get the Jeti receivers to connect to all things Wookong?

Also, which stick or sticks did you use to control the Zenmuse, and what sticks do you normally use for regular flight? How can anyone fly these rigs without a second man aiming the video camera with a video downlink to guide him?

cbpagent72

I was drawn to the JETI but I eventually chose the Futaba 14SG. You cannot argue that the JETI is a cool looking radio but at it's price I would expect a color OLED/LCD screen and other higher end features. My thought process in going with Futaba was, it is larger company and a larger base of people using their products (more YouTube how to videos) and the seamless integration with DJI products. I could buy two 14SG radios for the price of the JETI and I will always be able to find tons of third party items for the 14SG. In the end I sided with my wallet and went with Futaba.

plingboot

I use the DS-16 with my s800 and other MRs, best radios I've ever owned. The build quality alone is a magnitude better than anything ive seen/owned. Makes the expensive futaba radio i used to have feel very cheap and plasticy.

The flexibility with configuration and the integration of the various jeti telemetry modules make it a fantastic solution - which is very much plug and play.

i run an RSat2 in ppm master mode for flight control via the WKM and have an R9 in clone mode connected to the zen. It's easy to distribute or share the 16 channels across two receivers.

i have a vario and current sensor telemetry modules connected to the RSat2 via a telemetry expander and can see current height, mAhs used, pack voltage and other info on the radio screen.

The accelerometers in the DS-16 mean I can set it up so when I tilt the radio one way it reads out whatever settings I've set it up to do so.

i also have voice prompts on some of the switches.

if you go down the jeti route you will no be disappointed.

+1 on the DC-16 here. I have a pot on my right stick and use that to fly and pan the Zenmuse solo. Best radio by far available.
As for the S800 don't get me started, a big thumbs down...

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The Jeti radio is all about substance over style in my opinion. One of the things I love about it is that I have a genuine dual redundant comms link with it which actually gives me 4x RF paths to the aircraft. If one of my RXs fails completely then the other RX kicks in immediately. Plinigboot's list of features are the other killer apps on it so to speak. I haven't played with one yet but a much cheaper alternative that looks to have similar specs is the Multiplex Royal