It takes a special kind of person

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
On the lighter side of drone news, I ran across this story. First the guy gets stuck in a tree and then the firetruck gets stuck? You can’t make this stuff up. It makes me think about the things I’ve done to retrieve various drone mis-adventures-- the worst of which had me knocking on the neighbors door to retrieve a micro quad from their back yard.

What lengths have you gone to retrieve your drone?

-------------------------------------

WYOMING, MICH. - A man gone hunting for his drone couldn't seem to fetch it -- nor remove himself from a tree.

One Wyoming neighborhood became an active scene Saturday, July 30, as neighbors near the intersection of Pinnacle Drive and Corbin Court SW gathered to watch firefighters attempt to rescue a man from a tree.

He was pulled just before 3 p.m.

A Wyoming police Lt. Dennis Van Tassell told WZZM 13 the man was flying his drone earlier this week when it get tangled in some branches. One last-ditch effort was made by the man earlier this morning when he climbed up himself using spikes.

His wife hadn't heard from him for hours until it was known he was up in the tree, neighbor Brad Oliver said.

Z_1469902858485_4412565_ver1.0.jpg

Neighbors in one Wyoming neighborhood gather below a man stuck in a tree Saturday, July 30, after he went to retrieve his drone. (Photo: Brad Oliver)

Firefighters working to get the man out ran into several issues. For one, a fire truck got stuck in the ground because of heavy rainfall and had to be pulled out, Van Tassell said.

Crew using equipment from H.A. Irish Tree Service in Byron Center ultimately plucked the man out.

Last edited:

violetwolf

I know exactly how he felt lol. I lost my first 550 hex in a tree. Way up top in the spindly pencil sized branches with absolutely no chance of climbing. I contemplated getting an axe but the tree was on city property... I probably would have landed in jail.

But I do indeed know how he felt.