It had to happen!

CrashMaster

I read today about a couple of idiots in Germany who have been arrested for, apparently, planning to use RC planes packed with explosives in a terror attack (http://www.suasnews.com/2013/06/23525/germany-remote-control-model-plane-attack-foiled/)

Now we will all become terrorist suspects when checking out RC gear or flying our machines. Mind at least they won't now assume we are nonces taking photos of their ugly fat wives bathing naked with the window cleaner in the conservatory :black_eyed: ....

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
How the hell do they find out about these guys? Makes me wonder if the whole thing isnt staged so they have an excuse to shut the whole thing down. Seriously, how would this guy be any different from one of us minus the bomb part? Either way, glad they caught him if this was real.

CrashMaster

They were going to use 7ft rc aeroplanes.
I can just see another round of adverse publicity for the sport and legitimate businesses using 'DRONES'.......
The JFK thing was used by US authorities to help justify their banning if AV RC Aircraft.

Efliernz

Pete
How the hell do they find out about these guys? Makes me wonder if the whole thing isnt staged so they have an excuse to shut the whole thing down. Seriously, how would this guy be any different from one of us minus the bomb part? Either way, glad they caught him if this was real.

I suspect the amount of monitoring of 'everything' by various governments has got extreme. Many fly large / over 7' r/c aircraft (including myself) so monitoring of email and phone chatter "for the good of the country" is happening everywhere, whether 'legal' or not. The current surveillance govt/media scrap in the USA shows that.

As for the conspiracy theorem about governments staging "security scares" to justify law changing. I suspect this happens a lot and is all part of the big business of law and money and politics - preying on the trust of the common people. (Gee... that was deep ;) ).
Most governments have the attitude that "you can monitor anything for the sake of national security"... No I am not saying I necessarily agree...

Pete

CrashMaster

Spot the difference:-

View attachment 12503 View attachment 12504

Answer: Government.... No they are both drones just ours are legal and yours are not!
Hobbyist..... The bottom one I bought for my 9 year old at Christmas the top one was too expensive....:dejection:

Attachments

• Drone-640x480-480x238.jpg
    Drone-640x480-480x238.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Hubsan_X4_Mini_Q_5087b905a19b8.jpg
    Hubsan_X4_Mini_Q_5087b905a19b8.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 399