Issues with Zenmuse Z15 GH4- Jello and Horizon Drift

sguarch

Hello Everyone,

Just got my S900 about a week ago and we have finally been able to get it up in the air. Overall the s900 is great but the Zenmuse Gh4 gimbal has not been so great. Overall it stabilizes the camera well but I have 2 major issues. 1). I am getting a lot of jello, it may be the settings but I have tried different settings overall it doesn't seem to do much. What settings is everyone using on the GH4/ GH3?. 2). The horizon is very uneven often to the right, when I pan it makes it even worse making the shot usually unusable.

I have attached a link to Youtube so that you can see the issues firsthand. Going with DJI I kinda already expected problems but I really hope some of guys can provide some helpful insight. Also at around 1:12 the motors sound like its making a strange noise, or is that normal?

Link to video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBOusVVdt0o&feature=youtu.be

Info about the system

DJI S900
A2 System
Zenmuse GH4 Gimbal
We are using both the Panasonic GH3 and GH4
All default settings that DJI recommends

Ive used the Freefly Cinestar systems and I have the phantom as well, is there a way to tweak the gains on the system? other suggestions have been to do another IMU calibration.

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Stephan

Toymaker

Crashologist
Is there a calibration sequence for the gimbal? It looks tilted from the get go. Like the calibration for level is off.

sguarch

Yes it does a calibration once you turn it on. Before it was slightly tilted but I had to adjust the trim settings on the camera operators remote.

Tahoe Ed

Do not use trim. Let the unit calibrate on a flat surface. Also did you mount the gimbal with the vibration isolation balls attached? If so please remove them. The top plate of the GH4 gimbal needs to be hard mounted to the mounts from the rails.

sguarch

What do you mean the top plate needs to be hard mounted? I have attached an image of what my set up currently looks like. Thanks!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo-20.jpg
    photo-20.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 370

sguarch

Sorry I have better lighting now. I have attached a new image. Also my video transmitter has a fan that seems to be emitting some vibrations would that have anything to do with it? I also posted a picture where that is located
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4748.jpg
    IMG_4748.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 366

sguarch

So I have been testing out the system. I have been able to eliminate the jello ( it seems to have been the video transmitter). I still have the issue with the horizon being uneven. I have attached a picture of my settings via DJI assistant, please note that we always fly in attitude mode.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4784.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 297