Issues getting naza to connect to assistant

Shaggy33

Issues connecting new disco/naza v2 into pc
So I finished building my disco and wired it all up following naza instructions. After binding the receiver the first thing I did was plug it in to naza assistant but it didn't read the quad at all. So after a bit of head scratching I decided to hard wire receiver direct from naza unit and hey presto it worked.
This told me It could be a problem with the board so I checked the board by running a current through all 8 connectors and putting a mulitmeter on each one and they all read the correct voltage (I forgot to do the 3rd pin on each so I will do that tomorrow).
The weird thing is I went to plug it in to PC again by the direct route but it wouldn't connect to PC this time even though at the bottom of screen it says 'mc on' in green.
When I say doesn't connect it is not picking up the stick movements or anything on the screen
I bound the receiver so I know it's not that or at least don't think it is!
Any help appreciated

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
What do you mean by 'hard wire' the receiver to the Naza? Did you install the driver for the Naza with the Naza powered on and connected to the PC?

Shaggy33

Basically I was worried that the chassis plate connections might be faulty so instead of plugging in receiver via the chassis I just plugged the leads direct from the naza to the receiver.
yes just tried re-installing the software and driver with quad plugged in and still no luck. As I say I get the mc output off in green and the blue light so flickering as if it's connected but no readings showing between tranny and PC
I got the message saying that software needs updating which I did but still no success

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Try different USB ports. Ignore the 'MC connected' message thing if the transmitter is not responding. Solid light on your AR8000 receiver?

photobobga

I've had this happen several times. It turns out that not all USB cables are the same. I tried two others and one worked the other did not.

-Bob

Shaggy33

Sussed it and can't believe what it was! The servo leads I bought were wired back to front so the signal and negative wire were reversed! I never spotted it as I assumed all was fine as long as I was plugging in the servo leads the correct way round into receiver and naza!
unbelievable and thanks for all the suggestions. Feel very stupid!