Is this correct

Hoki

but what if the copter was trying to tip to the side cause the battery was low? I know for my 180 that will happen if the battery is too low.

Hoki

I was thinking that cause when I plugged in my battery to check it after I was trying to get it to fly it said it had 20 percent fuel only.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Always start a flight with a fully charged battery.

Try bumping the MR 4 or 5 feet in the air for takeoff. When you're doing the tentative slow spin up, sometimes you have a foot dragging, a slower prop speed and the flight controller hasn't had a chance to work. The gyros inside are designed to work in flight, not bumping along on the ground.

ProfEngr

"Dirty" air below 3-4ft will cause issues so best to 'pop up' at takeoff like JoeBob said. I know mine is funky just skimming along and it's low power and light compared to anything else.

Hoki

Ok so I took it out back and was trying to throttle up and adjusting trims on my remote and I think I found short of a good spot cause I was able to pop it up and it would stay relatively still and hover and I was able to pop it up a few times but everytime I ended up kinda crashing back down and it would push the prop guard and make the propellers hit them so now I got a nick on one of the propellers and even smaller ones in some others. I really don't like how the props just spin the whole time as soon as I arm it. I haven't redone my calibration yet so that might help but it seemed when I was testing it out I didn't wanna get very high. like it would get about 15 feet then it would start to come down but maybe that's a problem with the propllers? these props that came with my motors seem real cheap so maybe I should get some better props. It looks like the DJI ones might fit on my motors and there's a phantom store up the road from me but there's a hobby store around here too so maybe I'll go look tomorrow. I donno why I can't correct that tippyness it has with the trim. I still can't figure out what trim buttons affect the pitch and roll. I guess I just need to redo the calibrations so there's accurate and try again but I guess I need some good props first cause if not then I wont know if the wonkiness is caused my the chippy props or software.

Hoki

I wonder if dirty air effects bigger copters more than small ones cause I don't think I have dirty problems with my 180 at all. It just flys and takes off great. Anyways when I was trying out my big one in the back yard after I landed and looked up there was like 6 people just standing in the street and sidewalk starring with the dogs they were walking. I was thinking omg like they never seen a girl and a drone.

Hoki

I took the apm off my top and did the calibrations where you put it on its sides and top and bottom on a box on a flat surface so that should be spot on now. So I'll put it back on later and then do the live calibration where you gotta turn it all around cause I know I didn't do that right but I donno exactly what that calibration does, why is it needed?

Alwil

Hoki- I'm getting dizzy following your posts! Why are you taking the motor apart? Certainly you are not going to be
soldering in there. Are you replacing bearings? I thought this one was flying good