Is it me, or does permatex not work at all.

I'm using permatex surface insensitive threadlocker blue. Stuff just doesn't firm up -- stays in liquid form no matter what.

I've purchased a few different bottles, all with the same result.

Figured the threads might have oil on them, so i cleaned them with a parts cleaner -- so I'm sure there was no oil. Same result. Liquid.

I'm shaking the bottle up really well before use too.

Anyone else find it just as frustrating to use?

I'd like to find out what dji uses on their screws, that stuff is just right.

boceifo

how long are you letting it set before trying it? I have only used loctite. it sets up in 10 min and cures in 24 hours.

jes1111

If your screws/nuts are stainless steel or anodized aluminium then you'll need to use their Surface Prep spray on them first - see the TDS here

Just a heads up to anyone considering it - even the surface prep works poorly. What is dji using on their 450 and 550 kit screws -- that stuff is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

econfly

Don't know what DJI is using, but I have always had good luck with Loctite 242 (medium strength, "blue"). I've used it on things for years and it holds up well unless you have a heat issue (pretty much never a problem with RC stuff). If you absolutely need it you can use Loctite 271 (high strength, "red"). But be careful. It bonds like crazy and you are not going to move it without lots of force and likely a heat gun. I've only needed the red stuff on things in extreme situations and never on a multirotor.