Is F550 standard motors ok to lift Zenmuse Go Pro Gimbal and Camera?

I'm looking to buy an F550 with the new Zenmuse GoPro gimbal.. Are the standard motors and kit suppled with the F550 ok or should I maybe invest in higher torque motors for better lift and reliability?? -Frank

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The stock motors would be adequate. I'd go 4S and use 10" props. I use 9" props without a gimbal and it hovers at 50% throttle.

Yep, I'm using 4s 6000mah with the rctimer brushless gimbal and getting over 10 mins of flight. With my 3s 4000mah I got less than 4 mins of flight but my gimbal looks heavier than the dji one

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Probably. But I use 9" and motors/ESC don't even get warm so going to 10" should still be within tolerance. You don't use 10" if you're not carrying any weight. But if you're carrying extra weight you need more power. Either new motors or up the props. I should point out I use Graupner props which have a slightly reduced surface area compared to DJI.

Hi Frank, as long as your all up weight is no more or around 2.5kg you will not have any problems with stock motors and the 30amp DJI ESCs'. With that weight I would recommend 10" Graupner props and a 5amp or 6amp 4S lipo.
Regards - bruce