Is anyone using the flytrex live 3G?

Pumpkinguy

I just ordered one. As Part of my SFOC requirements here in Canada I need to keep an accurate log of all flights, locations, duration etc. I'm hoping this little tool will make keeping these records a breeze. SIM card cost is $10 a month and it will effectively share data with my smart phone plan.
If you've been using one, please join in on the conversation. I'd like to know what you think.

Cheers.

navycut81

I just ordered one. As Part of my SFOC requirements here in Canada I need to keep an accurate log of all flights, locations, duration etc. I'm hoping this little tool will make keeping these records a breeze. SIM card cost is $10 a month and it will effectively share data with my smart phone plan.
If you've been using one, please join in on the conversation. I'd like to know what you think.

Cheers.
Ive been using the standard version of flytrex for over a year now and I love it.
http://www.flytrex.com/matt4/
my only gripe I have with flytrex is the lack of / delay of customer service requests
Other than that it works as described

Old Man

I've been using a Standard Pilot Log book for over 25 years and it still works. Just have to buy a new pen once in awhile. I never have to depend on a WiFi or Internet connection and it costs nothing per month to maintain;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pumpkinguy

There is nothing wrong with applying available technologies if they can make us more efficient but point taken.

Old Man

I've heard that before from a few a bunch younger than me;) Nothing wrong with new technology but if something worked every time it didn't need to be fixed.:) I do understand your reasoning though. I got used to the "standard" and "commercial" pilot log books a long time ago and never found a reason to change formats.