is a PCB, telemetry?

ChEB

trying to make sure I have all the parts my next set of questions are for the PCB & telemetry.

I'm planning on running 30A ESC but the only PCBs I've seen is for a max of 20A. Are PCB needed or do you guys just go direct?

Telemetry, not really sure what this is for but i'm getting a combo kit with my futuba and it includes the rx that goes on the quad rotor.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you mean by PCB, but I just got a futaba (14Sgh) that has telemetry capability. The telemetry provided through the included RX is limited. Battery state etc. For battery state you'll need the cable that futaba makes, or make your own. The additional telemetry info can be gathered through other sensors like THESE: Also, I believe this requires use of the sbus2 part of the interface.

When you see other mentions of telemetry (radio), that's often for FPV or other data that requires additional modules to send it back to you and gets more complicated (or at least more expensive). Usually this is done with goggles or a small monitor, but doesn't come up on the Tx.

Im in sure someone with more detail and knowledge can jump in here...

trix

a pcb is a board that u use to put electronics on , a power distrubution board board is a board u use to get power from your batteries to your esc's , of you use a 20amp board but run 30 trough it chances are that it is going to generate heat and the board can fail on you loosing power to your esc's and crashing your craft.

i the other hand telemetry is used to monitor the data from your craft like battery voltage , motor heat etc and when your radio includes that it means that your rx is capable of sending back info to you so you can see like your current voltage , amp draw etc on your radio . sometimes you do need another display to watch your telemetry info tough.

so a pcb is not telemtry , they are both something on their own .

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think you're right trix. He was talking PDB. :).

Cheb, FWIW I bought a PDB at hobby king and honestly wished I'd just made my own. Less mess, takes up less room. I still might swap it out sometime soon.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: