iPad Ground Station & Phantom 2 problem

Hi guys

I have just installed the DJI iPad Bluetooth ground station on my p2 with H3-3D gimbal. Difficult finding a place to put it and I have now removed my mini iOSD to make room. My first two flights have gone well, you can now operate the gimbal tilt during waypoint mode.

However I do have one problem, I can enter the waypoints and save but once I have closed the app I am unable to call back any flight routes I have saved as favourites when I open the app again. When I try to recall them the small white confirmation arrow which normally appears top right in the favourites window is not there.

To my knowledge nobody else has reported this problem so it must be me. What am I missing? Can anyone help?

Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 356

John, thanks for your response. I had found a workaround but your answer explains the reason and solves the problem completely. As you say the interface contains a few bugs, but I must admit the app has impressed me on the few flights I have flown.

How did you mount the the datalink on the P2? I struggled and eventually removed by iOSD to make room. Not a great loss as the ground station provides most of the essential info required.

I also enjoyed watching your informative and well produced video - DJI could take a few lessons;.) I am sure other users of the forum would be interested in seeing more.

Eric

johnrconrad

Pics of 2.4 Ghz Data Link mounted on Phantom 2

Eric,

Glad the video was helpful. I'm open to requests/suggestions for additional videos we could share to help people use the GS interface.

I've attached pics of the Data Link mounted on the legs of the Phantom 2 using a piece of scrap plastic channel. The Data Link is servo-taped to the channel and the channel is cable-tied to the legs.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 278

That's a neat solution to the mounting problem John. I have placed the datalink centrally on the base of my P2 with my Immersion transmitter velcroed to it leaving no room for my iOSD. I think you have worked out a better solution and I will try to emulate.

My main interest is photography and video, I am currently trying to get my head around the DJI ground station video 1.4.58 showing how to repeat flight missions and edit the heading data. It is somewhat vague so maybe an idea for another video.

Thanks once again for your help. Eric