IPAD ground station does not work with WKM bluetooth LED module !

fritz99

Hello !

I have tried to connect the ipad ground station over bluetooth with WKM bluetooth LED module.
IPAD odes not recognize any bluetooth connection.
firmware : 5.26

Did anybody already get any connection ?

Fritz

Blacksails

I believe there is a new Bluetooth module (BTU) that plugs into the GCS module that would normally plug into your laptop. The BTU just acts as a wireless connection so that you don't have to wonder around with the GCS module plugged & gaffa taped to the back of your ipad.

Connecting to your WKM Bluetooth led would be pointless for waypoints, that's just for adjusting gains when your flying close.

y3ymaby5.jpg

B

Bengit

Zzr

2.4 G Bluetooth radio ground terminal includes with Can-bus port but old unit don't have one.

soler

The range of even Bluetooth 4.0 is so short. It is more of a novelty, I wouldn't get too hung up on the DJI Bluetooth features.

http://www.bluair.pl/bluetooth-range

My understanding is that there is a 2.4ghz data link to the ground station, this then uses Bluetooth to transmit to the iPad. This way you dont have to carry the datalink around on the ipad and DJI do not have to go through the expensive developer program for making an interface for the iPad / any other device. Alos it does not matter if you have the old style dock connector or the thunderbolt as there is no physical connection. Quite a clever idea to get round the restrictions.

The range is only needed depending on where you place your ground station relative to the iPad, 10m should be fine.

fritz99

ok!
But so we have to throw away our datalinks and buy new ones !
That is not clever in the sense of the customers !
I bought the comlpete WKM kit 3 weeks ago and now I have to throw away parts of it !

My understanding is that there is a 2.4ghz data link to the ground station, this then uses Bluetooth to transmit to the iPad. This way you dont have to carry the datalink around on the ipad and DJI do not have to go through the expensive developer program for making an interface for the iPad / any other device. Alos it does not matter if you have the old style dock connector or the thunderbolt as there is no physical connection. Quite a clever idea to get round the restrictions.

The range is only needed depending on where you place your ground station relative to the iPad, 10m should be fine.

I've never been able to get my ground station to work. Windows says it has the best drivers but doesn't recognise my device.

B

Bengit

ok!
But so we have to throw away our datalinks and buy new ones !
That is not clever in the sense of the customers !
I bought the comlpete WKM kit 3 weeks ago and now I have to throw away parts of it !

What you have is still ok for laptop just not for the iPad. The existing data link was never intended/advertised to work with the iPad.