IOSD troubles

hi, so im trying to get telemetry from my copter to my monitors and I cant seem to figure it out.
Iv got dji IOSD mk 2 on my copter and its plugged into an immersionrc 600mw. But iv also got another immersionrc plugged into my camera that sends me the video signal. The IRC plugged into my iosd is programmed to transmit on channel two which is 5760mhz. the IRC connected to my camera is transmitting on channel one which is 5740mhz. On the black pearl monitors, I set up the band to be "F" with channels 1 and 2 coming in from the two IRC that I have. But im not getting any telemetry stats on the screens. I think I set up the IOSD assistant on my computer correctly, but can get it to transmit the info from my copter. In the DJI IOSD manual there is something about a 3 position switch control but cant seem to figure it out.

If anybody can help that would be awesome!!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
you understand that the OSD is supposed to be superimposed over the camera feed so they can both be seen on the same screen, right?

you understand that the OSD is supposed to be superimposed over the camera feed so they can both be seen on the same screen, right?
Ya I know that they should both be seen on the same screen. So does that mean both transmitters have to be on the same channel and frequency? I started out having them on the same channel but there was too much noise and the picture didn't come in good and there was no telemetry.

Bartman

The video gets routed from the camera, into the osd and thenn from the osd to one video transmitter. The osd is an overlay that gets applied to the video stream in the osd itself.

Ya, that's gonna be hard to do because my osd is on my copter and the video transmission and camera are on my ronin-m gimbal so for there to be a wire from the copter to the camera wouldn't allow the 360 movement of the gimbal, if that makes sense. So I was told to use a separate transmiter to send the osd info to my monitors that way. But I can't get it to overlay.

Bartman

It won't overlay, you'll have to settle for one blank screen with osd info and one with video feed
Try setting one transmitter at one end of the frequency range and the other at the other end.

I'll try setting each to a drastically different frequency. So it's impossible to have it overlay? Even though the monitor accepts two feeds at once? It's a black pearl.

Bartman

I'll try setting each to a drastically different frequency. So it's impossible to have it overlay? Even though the monitor accepts two feeds at once? It's a black pearl.

if the monitor can accept two feeds and superimpose them over each other then, yes, maybe you'll get them to overlay but the feeds being on the same system (5.8ghz) means you'll need to have the discreet frequencies separated as much as possible. interference is why FPV racing leagues are now mandating 25mw transmitters.

if the monitor can accept two feeds and superimpose them over each other then, yes, maybe you'll get them to overlay but the feeds being on the same system (5.8ghz) means you'll need to have the discreet frequencies separated as much as possible. interference is why FPV racing leagues are now mandating 25mw transmitters.
Great, thanks man for your help, il give it a try and let you know if it works.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The black pearl doesn't display dual feeds I'm afraid. As Bart said, one monitor for each video transmission feed (i.e one with the camera feed and then a separate one for the OSD info).

Bartman

you could add an FPV camera with the OSD so it would be one feed and of some use to you. FPV cameras are so small and give such a nice image it might not hurt to have it independent of the camera operator's feed.

Pumpkinguy

I have a movi gimbal same idea as Ronin. I have 1 monitor for osd and fpv cam. one for main camera view. 2 different immersion vtx's. Different channels, one set using left hand polarized antennas and the other using right hand. That's the best you can get.