IOSD Doesn't appear to show correct info on laptop download

andrewrob

Had the IOSD in for a couple of weeks now and am more than happy with the on screen info during flight which seems to be accurate with height etc.
The only trouble I've had is when I download the files to laptop the information doesn't seem to tie in with the flight info.
For example the screen reported we were flying at 157 metres but the software shows more like 350 metres (it is showing metres as the unit as measurement too and not ft). Also the longitude and latitude don't seem to correspond to our flight position unless we were actually flying 1000 miles away in the middle of the sea and I didn't notice ;-)

Has anyone else had success with the viewer program?

hover.ch

I did try to load data into the viewer and actually managed to display something (I think it was RPM?). However, I didn't validate the data. Unfortunately I could well imagine that it has never been tested carefully.

The viewer has another substantial problem:
If you display values with different magnitudes, meaningful scaling is impossible. And you cannot define any multiplication factor or something alike. And because it is built by DJI, you cannot export the data in a standard format, CSV for example. Unfortunately DJI has to invent everything by themselves. Unlucky.

steveq

Hey Andrewrob,

Did you ever fix this issue? I'm having exactly the same problem?

hover.ch - You can define a multiplication factor to a value. For example if you want to overlay the Yaw on the Ati, select so both are showing. Then on the Y axis at the bottom of the window where it has yaw, change it to say yaw+300, this will lift the graph up the X axis. Then you could do yaw*5+300. This will amplify the yaw by 5 and lift it up the X axis.

Steve Q. :)

VINHEX

It's shown in feet if you want to check the locations ect try my beta app below... Let me know how you get on.. PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS!

Please read: first...

This is an aplha test application.. And if you install it's at your own choice.. There maybe bugs but post them on here and ill try and support the best I can.. I can't support personal issues if something is not working its be added as a favour...

Instructions..
1: you need to download the GPS exporter from DJI site http://www.dji-innovations.com/downl...int-downloads/

2: copy the files install from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvu5et4y8jkof88/KbB_mDdh2C please copy do not drag and drop as this will remove the files from the server.

3: install google earth download from google if not already.

4: use the DJI GPS converter to convert your iOSD dat file into a txt format..

5: drag and drop the file into the black area above the map. Or use the menu file open and select the converted file.

6: click on. Any line in the data and this will point to that location and data select as you wish..

Flight:

Select start flight this will run through your flight showing you in the map below.. If you raise or lower the number on the zoom in the left menu it will zoom in and out.. The flight will continue until it reaches the end or your select stop flight..

Export..
Select export to google maps and save the file on your desktop.. Double click on file and it should open in google earth..

BUG.. I've had some issues but I think it's google earth that when finished google earth doesn't close down correctly only happens now and again.. But if does ie you double click on the file again and nothing happens you need to kill the service in manager on your pc..

Have fun load some examples up and again please it's install at own risk..

steveq

Woah awesome job VINHEX!! Very cool indeed. It worked a treat.

I am also a programmer (C++) and have written an application to encode and produce DCI compliant files for the new digital cinemas world wide. It supports 3D, jpeg 2000 encoding, mxf wrapping etc.

If you need a beta tester, just let me know! What have you written it in?

I worked great for me, although I don't have a decent data file to test yet as my rig is very new (as am I).

Thanks for the option to test it out.

If you feel like adding the option for altitude in meters, it would be great!

Thanks again!

Steve Q. :)

VINHEX

Glad it works buddy.. Written in C# using WPF.. Yep will add the meters in the next release.. Not had much time to update at the mo, but will get back on it this weekend.. 10 min coding should do it only a variable/constant as you know..

Vin

steveq

Thanks mate, very cool little program.

i've never touched C#. Started in BASIC, did some Z80 & 6502 assembler, then C and finally C++.

I know what you mean about time. My code is half way through an update, but stalled for 3 months. I can't even remember where I'm up to! Hehe

Do you know if the altitude is measured from sea level or is the home point classed as 0?
The numbers still don't quite add up.

Steve. :)

VINHEX

Hi Steve to get height from ground it's barometer I think the other altitude is sea level.. In the dji iOSD software click on barometer and in I think the y coordinates type x3.1 to get meters I think long time since used it lol

VINHEX

Steve,
Added the function for you.. You need to download the new version, uninstall prev.. Ft/Mtr Selection in menu on left hand side.. Hope all works ok..

Vin

steveq

Sorry for the delayed reply, I only just saw this, I didn't get a notification email?

Thanks heaps Vin. I'll try it first thing tomorrow.

SQ :)

steveq

Thanks Vin,

It works a treat!

I still have conflicting data regarding height. My iOSD definitely said 60m, but the flight logs are different. Even using the barometer.

Still your software is great. Thanks again for your hard work.

Steve :)