ioc problems

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Need more info, IOC may not work how you think it should but it may be working how it is supposed to work.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are you absolutely sure that the heading the heli is pointing when you power up is what you think it is? dumb question, I know, but right is relative to the direction the heli is pointing when you first power it up and it records its home position

you have to remember i have been flying multirotors 4 years ,i know how it supposed to work but works in reverse , thats my problem I know someone can figure ths out, remember att or gps flys correctly. help!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
So when you go into IOC and pull back on the stick what happens?

IOC is an advanced flight function, including Course Lock and Home Lock. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using IOC, wherever the nose points, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction.

• In Course Lock, the forward direction is the same as a recorded nose direction.
  • In Home Lock, the forward direction is the same as the direction from the home point to multi-rotor.

Important
Forward Direction is definited as that the multi-rotor will fly along this direction when you push the elevator stick.

If Pete can"t help nobuddy can, I read most of your postings & you are very well versed with naza ,all my other quads & hexs work just like you say thet should this one did too but then all of a sudden it reversed itself . BUMMER I really apreciate all the helpfull coments keep them commin g. TONY

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
tony,

i'd guess that your NAZA unit is backwards and you've compensated without knowing it by reversing front/back, right/left but with IOC it isn't reversible....just guessing again but take a look at it...are the motor wires pointing out of the front of the NAZA?

Bartman , I checked the naza lite controler, arrow is pointing forward , naza & transmiter are set to norm. none are reversed. all controls work normal until I use IOC.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Have you used IOC successfully on this aircraft before?

Is it both course lock and home lock that have reversed controls?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Bartman , I checked the naza lite controler, arrow is pointing forward , naza & transmiter are set to norm. none are reversed. all controls work normal until I use IOC.

I don't see an arrow on the V1 I have they must be different to the Lite, but the motor outputs are to the font of your quad?

You have done a compass calibration? Do it again and make 100% sure there is no magnetic items anywhere close.

You have done an IMU calibration?

You have double checked that your settings for the GPS placement are correct and you have negative values where they should be, please triple check this?

What is the declination for your area? You may be trying to fly in a badly affected area.

No phones in the pocket when flying?

It goes foreward if i push it right it goes left take it out of ioc everything returns to normal . i have two dji quads , & two tarot hexes all fly great ! thanks for all the help im am 6 degrees west mag. north.

I don't see an arrow on the V1 I have they must be different to the Lite, but the motor outputs are to the font of your quad?

You have done a compass calibration? Do it again and make 100% sure there is no magnetic items anywhere close.

You have done an IMU calibration?

You have double checked that your settings for the GPS placement are correct and you have negative values where they should be, please triple check this?

What is the declination for your area? You may be trying to fly in a badly affected area.

No phones in the pocket when flying?

naza programer says imu correction not needed did compass calibration 4 times gps is right I have been setting up multicoptors 4 years but this has me stumpted!!!