Interesting experience!

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
So I'm driving along the road near Hadrian's Wall when I come face to face with a Phantom 3. I stop and the guy flying climbs to 50 ish feet and waves me through. Unwilling to drive underneath a possibly uninsured craft, I sit there and wait. The guy gets more agitated, but eventually lands. I draw up alongside and politely suggest that he should be 50m away from my property (UK rules). 'I would have climbed to 50m above you' he replies, 'you're just argumentative ' he added.
As it had potential to get heated, I departed but felt quite disturbed by the fact that there are people out there with this strength of self entitlement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
Thinking back, he was probably waiting for a car to come along so he could film it passing beneath him. This would explain his irritation at my refusal. Did I overreact, should I just have continued driving beneath his P3? I don't think so, I certainly was not 'under his control ' and had no way of knowing what his intentions were. I didn't expect anything bad to happen but recognised the potential for it all to go horribly wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk