Inside "Drone" School: How To Fly UAV's

Hood49

This is getting out of hand... Lets hope I can still take advantage of my hobby for some years to come.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Well, a hundred thousand new jobs is not chicken sh*t. I guess that includes teaching, manufacturing, etc and not just flying.

Old Man

I think that figure is an extremely low estimate when one considers the numerous areas an unmanned flight unit could be used for. What's out of hand are the people calling themselves UAV CFI. At the moment there is no such title that has any legitimacy.

Something people that are interested in flying commercially may find useful is using a pilot's log book or other device to log their flight hours. Although the FAA does not permit hours logged flying an unmanned aerial vehicle to count towards any current flight certificates or ratings, the FAA does permit logging of flight hours for unmanned aircraft flight operations for later reference. As the market and FAA standards unfold it's highly likely those hours will end up applicable for use in sUAS training qualifications, and establish flight experience history the FAA will use in granting certificates at more advanced levels.

For those that have been religiously recording their battery usage based on flight times and charge cycle info they could use that information to create flight log if they added the aircraft type and location of the flight;)

Last edited by a moderator: