In over my head? Australia > Brisbane > DJI S800 EVO

Hi guys,

I think I am in over my head, I have just bought the following, it is all brand new, never flown / used. Considering selling before I begin.

• DJI Spreading Wings S800 EVO
  • DJI Wookong Multirotor
  • DJI OSDv2 OSD Mark II On Screen Display & Datalogger
  • DJI 5.8GHZ AVL58 Video Downlink inc Transmitter, Receiver and Antennas
  • 2 x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 6S 65-130C Lipo Pack
  • Futaba 14SG 14 Channel 2.4GHz w/ R7008SB Mode 2
  • Futaba GPS Sensor and Extended Battery Sensor
  • FPV Feelworld Ground Station FPV 10.1" HD Monitor
  • Assorted Cables, Connectors, Velcro Straps etc

All in brand new condition, ready for pick up from Northside Brisbane today!

I can ship if interested, at buyers cost, to AU only.

AU$5000-

Forgive me for posting in the wrong area, I am new here and the 'new thread' button isn't appearing for me in the other classified section?

If I was to split it up, I would need to sell it in obvious groups. Ie. I won't sell just the iOSD or sell everything BUT the iOSD etc.

The collection you have mentioned in PM sounds reasonable, leaving me with the EVO and batteries, which is another reasonable collection to sell.

The stuff is brand new, I would obviously prefer to move it all at once to an understanding buyer.

I am considering the sale, because I have just had an injury and I am not sure I can put my mind and body in to this.

tombrown1

You shouldn't sell. The stuff you bought is very intimidating to look at in boxes on the floor.

But if you take things one small step at a time and give yourself several months to take your time and put it together right, then you may find it's one of the best things you've done.

I certainly don't try to encourage people to do this, but I have to say that seeing things from the sky is an amazing experience that is hard to explain. You have some pretty great equipment there. If you just add a nice gimbal and camera you may find you're having more fun than you know what to do with. BUT, it does take a lot of time and research to do it right.

For all the crap I've had to go through to get up in the air, I have to say that when I'm flying and then editing the footage it is a HUGE rush. If you don't desperately need the money, then sit on it for a bit and start slowly putting it together, one small thing every day.

Best,

Tom

You shouldn't sell. The stuff you bought is very intimidating to look at in boxes on the floor.

But if you take things one small step at a time and give yourself several months to take your time and put it together right, then you may find it's one of the best things you've done.

I certainly don't try to encourage people to do this, but I have to say that seeing things from the sky is an amazing experience that is hard to explain. You have some pretty great equipment there. If you just add a nice gimbal and camera you may find you're having more fun than you know what to do with. BUT, it does take a lot of time and research to do it right.

For all the crap I've had to go through to get up in the air, I have to say that when I'm flying and then editing the footage it is a HUGE rush. If you don't desperately need the money, then sit on it for a bit and start slowly putting it together, one small thing every day.

Best,

Tom

Thanks for that Tom. I am injured at the moment and feeling depressed about having this new toy that I can't get out and use. But maybe the few months to put it together will be the rehabilitation I need.

Maybe I should just change this to a wanted post ... WANTED > Assembly and pilot friend

boranup

Im with Tom - you have a great setup so take the time to learn all about it and build the slickest build out there - hope you get better soon!!

tombrown1

This is the best forum out there. It hasn't gotten ugly like most forums tend to. People here are willing to help and have answered all of my stupidest questions kindly.

Take your build one step at a time and ask questions when they arise.

TB

Cheetah2k

If you decide not to build it, let me know. I'm in the market for a DJI S800 Evo, to replace my V1 S800.

I also live in Brisbane (Manly) :)

Cheers

Ward

Hi guys,

I think I am in over my head, I have just bought the following, it is all brand new, never flown / used. Considering selling before I begin.

• DJI Spreading Wings S800 EVO
  • DJI Wookong Multirotor
  • DJI OSDv2 OSD Mark II On Screen Display & Datalogger
  • DJI 5.8GHZ AVL58 Video Downlink inc Transmitter, Receiver and Antennas
  • 2 x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 6S 65-130C Lipo Pack
  • Futaba 14SG 14 Channel 2.4GHz w/ R7008SB Mode 2
  • Futaba GPS Sensor and Extended Battery Sensor
  • FPV Feelworld Ground Station FPV 10.1" HD Monitor
  • Assorted Cables, Connectors, Velcro Straps etc

All in brand new condition, ready for pick up from Northside Brisbane today!

I can ship if interested, at buyers cost, to AU only.

AU$5000-

Forgive me for posting in the wrong area, I am new here and the 'new thread' button isn't appearing for me in the other classified section?

Hi Cheetah2k and multirotorau, I too am from Brisbane and Manly area. Perhaps we should all get together and chat. i'd certainly love to see the gear and help you with getting it in the air. I am out of they sky currently waiting on parts hopefully they will arrive soon

Cheetah2k

What kit do you have AboveAllAP? Personally I love my S800 and have ordered secraft arm stiffeners, but wanting to get my hands on the S800 Evo arms in the long term. The flex in the V1 S800 arms is incredible even with just a light payload - I have 2 x 5000mah lipos and a DJI Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal and Hero3 camera.. I have just received my Fatshark Dominator V2 FPV, and will be installing it over the next week or so.

Whether Multirotorau wants to sell or build his Evo kit, I can certainly help :D

I am currently using a F550 with a heavy lift conversion kit. I am waiting on delivery of the AIMDROIX Aluminum Arms. I use the Naza V2 and the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D. Not currently using any FPV but it is on the list :). Unfortunately a bad crash has set me back where I wanted to be. I am always learning and an S800 was on my radar. like to get first hand knowledge and ideas from others. PM if you want to meet up

All of my stuff previously listed is still not flown, some construction (is out of the box) has occurred but it is all still "brand new".

Looking to offload in one lot, would entertain any offer over $4000.

Cheetah2k

Sorry mate, I'm out. I ended up picking up the Evo V2 (with motor vibration mounts and revised props) from Multiwillcopter. Test flew yesterday :) Bloody brilliant :D