IMU V1 ok on s800 EVO?

Dr.phil

Just received my S800 EVO and also got a WKM
I see that the IMU is the "old" one.
Is it safe to use this on my s800
What is the difference between the one I have and v2?

Thanks

uavpixel

Just received my S800 EVO and also got a WKM
I see that the IMU is the "old" one.
Is it safe to use this on my s800
What is the difference between the one I have and v2?

Thanks

Same thing for me... After reading all posts about the Imu v1, i'm not sure I want to use my new S800 Evo with it... Also I cannot understand why the are charging for the Imu v2 since this upgrade is to fix an issue and not adding new features. Imagine if car manufacturer like Toyota were selling their car with gas pedal problem ;) then ask their dealers to call clients and offers to fix the problem by paying for an upgrade!!! ....

I have yet to read anything specific that is different between the two, other than the enclosure being plastic versus aluminum. Whatever the difference, the design changes are aimed at helping the Wookong to maintain altitude better.
I fly the IMU V1 with no problems at all on my S800, and I can promise there are still thousands of MRs out there flying WKM with V1 on all sorts of MRs, including S800s. Remember forums tend to be a place where people work out their problems, not proclaim successes. I understand your concern, but just sayin'...

dthreatt

I think they were saying the v1 imu is for people without retracts and zemuse. If you want to use retracts and zemuse then you must get the v2 imu so it add capability it does not FIX anything.

I think they were saying the v1 imu is for people without retracts and zemuse. If you want to use retracts and zemuse then you must get the v2 imu so it add capability it does not FIX anything.
Sorry, I would have to disagree. I have retracts and a Zenmuse. In fact, for the first year that the Zenmuse and retracts were sold, only the V1 IMU was available.

dthreatt

so then you would agree then that it flies perfect with the V2 .... so then I would say they should have not sold the retracts or gimbal until then V2 came out....LOL the v1 is for lightweight the v2 is for heavyweight. if it was a FIX when you buy a new WOOKONG it would come with it right?? like the v2 arms?? they now come with all s800 kits.... thats a FIX.

so then you would agree then that it flies perfect with the V2 .... so then I would say they should have not sold the retracts or gimbal until then V2 came out....LOL the v1 is for lightweight the v2 is for heavyweight. if it was a FIX when you buy a new WOOKONG it would come with it right?? like the v2 arms?? they now come with all s800 kits.... thats a FIX.
Sorry if we're talking past eachother... I have the V1 IMU with retracts, Zenmuse, VTx, iOSD, datalink, etc., and it flies perfect.
In my opinion, it's like any other product evolution. New versions improve upon the old hoping to address any issues or concern or shortcoming of the old. And, yes, since they were noticing the S800s were being loaded a bit more than they expected, they had to improve in that area. Keep in mind the Wookong is also used on much heavier equipment than the S800 and works on those MRs just fine. The 7kg limit was on the S800 design, not on the Wookong, and the limit was raised to 8kg on the S800 EVO. But I do agree that somehow the notion of the V2 IMU was associated as a solution for heavier S800s.

dthreatt

No problem....I agree :) I just dont agree with the guy who gave the analogy of cars and recalls. This is totally different animal because their are laws specific to cars, lemon laws and warranty of which none here apply. Every product has issues (even Apple) when first released. DJI just doesnt have billions of dollars to absorb all of the hiccups that may come along the way. Im glad they are trailblazing the way for many new products and lots of competition. Just look where we were say 3 years ago. None of this stuff existed except on military level and ultra high end cinema mostly 1-off stuff. Imaging where we will be in the next 3 years at the present pace.