IMU Positioning

cbpagent72

I have a V2 IMU for my Droidworx SkyJib and the way that it is mounted it will be touching the crash cage. I don't really have another place to put it. Will this be an issue for me?

a7e9e9en.jpg

6u9ura8a.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bugilt

As long as it isn't against a hard edge it should be ok. I have seen people use silicon to insulate the imu on the smaller opening s800 frame.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Droidworx do battery plates for the Skyjib. Get one of these and you have the perfect mounting place for an IMU

Quinton

As you know I am new to this, but I wouldnt have it touching the top.
Another thing you could do, is stick the IMU directly to the plate you have it on, which has the rubber dampeners, and maybe try the gel on top, or not have it at all.

I played about with the iphone app iSeismometer and the placement of the IMU and, in the center did seem to be the best place for it, the closer you got towards the booms the more vibration there was..
The vibration gel did not make a lot of difference (if any)
Youll also need to strap that thing down will you not, the vibration gel I have isnt sticky enough to hold it securely.

R6Media

I've seen the IMU successfully attached to the underside of an S800. If that helps.
I'd definitely experiment with it to be comfortable with the idea.

cfrea

There is a very simply fix. Don't use that green cushion or whatever it is you're using. Just use a thin piece of 3M VHB which is what the IMU is designed to work with. DJI actually advises not use any form of cushion as the IMU already is designed to account for the vibrations.

I wouldn't mount it the way you have it now

Bugilt

There is a very simply fix. Don't use that green cushion or whatever it is you're using. Just use a thin piece of 3M VHB which is what the IMU is designed to work with. DJI actually advises not use any form of cushion as the IMU already is designed to account for the vibrations.

Looks like Kyosho zeal gel.

cbpagent72

I am using Kyosho Zeal gel which has been recommend by many people to use with the DJI IMU. We all know how DJI's design to absorb vibrations works. Where did you see that DJI states that you shouldn't use any cushion? I don't have any issues with going the 3M route if that will work better with the IMU.

Last edited by a moderator: