Improving stability of Naza m- lite

Rockjedi

Hi guys,

I recently build my first quad, it looks great and is flying.
However it is extremely unstable and very hard to control.

1) It is not position holding well, once i have taken off, it does large rotations of about 5m (Radius) around the take off point and is unable to position hold.

2) It is extremely unstable and is hard to control. I think this may be due to gain issues, i have done a fair amount of research however i am unsure how i should change the gain to the perfect values as it is almost impossible to fly without crashing.

I would love some advice as to how i can improving the stability of my craft.
All help/ advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

haha49

Did you do a software calibration while plugged into the USB. Then calibrate the compass by flicking ati mode and gps. Then spin it. Also make sure the gps can't rotate in flight. Then make sure the craft is balanced right and the battery doesn't shift in flight. The last thing is balance the props it helps with vibrations big time

The gains are to high dial them back if it can't move in the wind turn them up. Do it by 10 percent each time

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
1) It is not position holding well, once i have taken off, it does large rotations of about 5m (Radius) around the take off point and is unable to position hold.
Sounds like the GPS-puck is not mounted facing forward. Or it is mounted facing forward, but you have magnetic interference. In the later case you have to turn you GPS-puck. Look at page 40 in the quick start guide (http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/naza-m%20lite/en/NAZA-M%20LITE_User_Manual_v2.00_en.pdf)

2) It is extremely unstable and is hard to control. I think this may be due to gain issues, i have done a fair amount of research however i am unsure how i should change the gain to the perfect values as it is almost impossible to fly without crashing.
What gains do you have?