ImmersionRC 600mw VTX issue

kloner

Aerial DP
for this vtx you want the power to come straight from an esc pad, skip using core to power it.....

i use welders contact cement on everything. you can pull it and it'll release even a year later. makes less mess to troubleshoot later if something goes

730657_welder_value_pack_550x680.jpg

it does everything from make sure wires/connectors stay together to holds on my esc's to holds on my fpv gear.....

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have never seen that stuff... will have to see if I can find it Lowes or somewhere like that.

Thanks Kloner.

kloner

Aerial DP
i just get it online, usually see it for $2 for that package and i'll get 10-15 of them at a time. use it on everything

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Very successful flight today, getting my feet much wetter now, flew out about 1/2 mile with great video feed and looking forward to more. Can't wait to change out my antennas for some better ones, looking at buying a patch antenna with circular polarization for my VRX from ImmersionRC. If anyone is interested, I am now a vendor for ImmersionRC and will be shortly selling the equipment and also supplying support with the product.

If you are interested in some products I will be doing some pre-orders at some time soon...

sledge57

How are you using this stuff? Are you applying it to both surfaces and letting it tack up? If so I'm surprised you can get them apart.

Or are you just applying it to one surface?

for this vtx you want the power to come straight from an esc pad, skip using core to power it.....

i use welders contact cement on everything. you can pull it and it'll release even a year later. makes less mess to troubleshoot later if something goes

730657_welder_value_pack_550x680.jpg

it does everything from make sure wires/connectors stay together to holds on my esc's to holds on my fpv gear.....

kloner

Aerial DP
i use it like contact cement on both surfaces, let it tack 10 min and it has no problem sepperating later. it's in the angle of the dangle, twist the component and it pops right off, pull on it and good luck.

My immersion kit has just arrived i will let you guy's know how i get on with my testing i will be using
5.8ghz 25mw / CP Spiro net v2
5.8ghz Duo Diversity unit with 1 patch & 1 CP Antenna

Old Man

I am using this on my Disco but you could easily make your own with a 1000uf electrolytic capacitor and a ferrite ring.

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:commonmodelcfilter

I also get much better range if I leave my mobile phone in my car or switch it off.

Pete

Pete,

Would you mind laying out how you installed that into your video system? I have a couple and when installed between the FPV camera and OSD all I get for video is an out of focus rolling picture. There's mention of converting the filter to a single line type by adding a jumper to the solder pad but nowhere have I been able to find a description of where the jumper connects to after the solder patch.

I've been going nuts trying to isolate and eliminate the video interference that initiates as soon as the copter gets 50'-60' feet away in any direction. So bad it completely wipes out the picture. I've got it down to noise feeding through the power system. I run a Go Pro on a Tarot 2x gimbal from the flight battery. The MimimOSD is supplied power via Pixhawk while the Vtx is powered by a separate battery. Unfortunately the OSD and FPV camera draw their power from the primary flight battery after passing though the Pixhawk system, which is where I think the problems are originating.

Do you have any thoughts that might help resolve? Thanks big time if you do.