I'm lost, please help.

Nsnyder

Hi everyone, long time listener first time caller here :) Anyway, I'm stuck. Ive recently started a DIY build, The electronics used are ( 4s lipo) (Q-brain ESC) (Naza M-Lite) (Turnigiy 9x TX-RX) with some 760kv motors. The problem is, and I really hope someone can help here. I cannot get it to even turn the motors, I believe i have all of the wiring wired correctly. When i connect the battery, it makes a few beeps, a few flashing lights, then a constant flashing yellow with periodic beeps from the motors. It has been binded correctly, (or so i think, steady read light) it just sits there and flashes and beeps. I DO have the NAZA M-Lite assistant and not the version for M-2. When I connect the QR to the computer, The program does recognize that I have something there, but It will not allow me to configure anything. It also says FAILSAFE in the bottom almost left corner where it says MODE. Maybe I have over looked something, but I cannot make heads or tails out of this. ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

trix

Hello nyder , i get your frustration and would like to help you , you have to plug in your naza to your computer and connect the battery to the quad .

The naza will then turn on and then you can change things on your computer .

Then you have to put your 3 position switch on the channel that changes your flight modes.

After you found out wich channel it is you have to assign 2 more functions on the same channel : one for position 1 amother for position 2 and the last for position 3.

After that you have to adjust the throw number till you reach the flight mode you want and the mode gets blue .

Do that for all 3 positions and calibrate your sticks and you should be good to go .

Nsnyder

Thank you for the quick response trix! I do have the naza hooked up to the pc, and the battery is hooked up to the quad.

The naza does turn on, however you said "Then you have to put your 3 position switch on the channel that changes your flight modes." I'm unsure what you mean by that, or how to do so. (Finding the channel that is) or even putting the switch on that particular channel. I'm guessing I need to use built in program and settings in the turnigy 9x reciever?

I was finally able to calibrate the controls (can see it live on screen), but I'm still not able to get the motors to turn, or get the fast yellow blinking light to go away (DJI says that the TX signal is lost...LED indicator code anyway) But its sending a signal because i can see it being changed. Bad parts maybe??? Granted this is my very first build, but I'm decently tech savvy. But from what I've read, these things could give NASA a headache lol.

Could you point me in the direction of a useful youtube video? unless your knowledge and time could be spent helping me, i'll take a written response too, And thank you so much for the first one :)

trix

I have the time and am willing to help you , ive built 4 quads since january and the joy of it taking off for the first time is overwhelming :)

I will send you a link to a youtube video in a moment

cootertwo

Sometimes I have to walk away for awhile. Even sleep on it for a night (not literally). Naza is one of the easiest MC's to setup, but first time for anything is confusing. Keep reading, looking at videos, you'll get it, and then it will seem simple. Almost like learning "nose in". Sometimes getting the driver for the Naza, installed on your computer can be a speed bump. You also have to get familiar with your radio, and how to set end points/travel, assign switches, etc. etc. Believe me when I say I've been close to smashing things to bits, on more than one occasion! But right now, I have 6 Naza Lites flying as well as I want. I still have to go to the Naza manual from time to time, to check out wiring, or flashing light definitions. If it were dirt simple, you wouldn't get the thrill of the first good maiden flight. You'll get it, have some extra props handy for the learning curve. AND, "take off the props", until you're pretty sure the motors are turning the right direction, plugged into the right place on the Naza, etc. etc. Sounds like your radio has the Naza in failsafe mode, which can cause unexpected things to happen FAST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nsnyder

http://youtu.be/7mXNIM1LHeg

there you gou , i got the video for you yesterday but fell asleep without posting it

Thank you for this, I did watch his first initial video on how to set up the first three switches, but did not find this one. lets hope it helps :)

And, Cootertwo... Yes, I had to walk away, the system its self doesnt seem that hard, well I thought anyway. But you are right all this frustration will make the maiden voyage even more special. Ive taken my time with this build, Studied and researched to make sure I had all the parts I wanted and needed.

I Build this quad with the 760 kv motors and 650mm frame as light as i could. been trimming anything extra even down to the wiring to reduce the weight as much as possible so that the 12" props will be able to (lets hope anyway) be able to lift some heavier equipment, able to run 2 5000mah batteries in series for extended flight times, and still be extremely reliable.

I have to work today, so i cant work too much more on it, but when i do, and i get things going, i'll be back to update you both on how it all went down. Maybe even upload some video :)

Nsnyder

OK, I had some time to watch the vid, set up the second switch for failsafe, the other three are set to Attitude, Manual, then Gps. All are showing correctly on the assistant. The steady fast yellow flashing went away, and started flashing yellow red red red. Wich shows gps hasnt locked on to 5 sat yet. thats fine...for now i unplugged the gps. I then got only a single yellow flash every few seconds. Tried to arm and get the motors to spin. and still no luck. I'm almost wondering if its the Q-Brain ESC giving me the problems, I cant seem to figure out if i Have the cables hooked up from the esc to the naza correctly.

It says to hook up s1 to m1, DONE. s2 to m2, Done. s3 to m3, Done. s4 to m4, Done. However on this Qbrain, S3 has 3 wires whereas the other 3 do not. The video i watched told me to cut or disconnect the red and black wire from S3 only leaving the white wire plugged in because the Naza will get its power from the Dji BEC and not needed to get power from the qbrain ESC.

Ive checked and double checked every wire, every slot, every switch, and i'm still not able to arm the quad or get the motors spinning. Still so lost. haha ahhhhhh need a break..

EDIT: Ok, i went to calibrate the Q-brain once again just to make sure it was correct, as soon as i connected the power..POOF. up in smoke. SOOOOO, Does anyone have a preferred 30a ESC they like to use? Looks as if this 40$ piece of junk needs replaced. I liked the idea of having all esc's in one location with one main connection, but screw going for the clean look, I need reliability. So please, any advice on what ESC's to purchase would be helpful :) thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

trix

Thats a bummer , i use the hobbyking f-30 esc and i flash them myself with simonk and have never been let down by them ( i have 20 of them )

If you prefer getting an already simonk'd esc they also recommend the afro esc but i never used one though .