Iflight 450mm Quad Kit

mrsand

Hello All

I am new to this type of RC Qcopter...that said........

I have a couple of questions --- I'm putting this kit together as a starter project with a multiwii control board. I have all parts..I think. My questions are...where should the control board be anchored... the center of the bottom plate or top plate..and where should the 2200 or 2650 3s battery be mounted.

The battery won't quite clear the ground with the 2" tall standard mount legs if strapped to the very bottom...I suppose it could be strapped to the bottom plate along the interior top---and the control board could be mounted at the top board. Right now I don't plan to add any more equipment to the unit..I just want to learn to fly it safely. A picture is worth a lot of words for this anal brain. I appreciate any help offered, thanks.

mrsand

mrsand

Iflight Quad Questions --Retracted

Hello All

I am new to this type of RC Qcopter...that said........

I have a couple of questions --- I'm putting this kit together as a starter project with a multiwii control board. I have all parts..I think. My questions are...where should the control board be anchored... the center of the bottom plate or top plate..and where should the 2200 or 2650 3s battery be mounted.

The battery won't quite clear the ground with the 2" tall standard mount legs if strapped to the very bottom...I suppose it could be strapped to the bottom plate along the interior top---and the control board could be mounted at the top board. Right now I don't plan to add any more equipment to the unit..I just want to learn to fly it safely. A picture is worth a lot of words for this anal brain. I appreciate any help offered, thanks.

mrsand

I have figured it out......no help needed

mrsand

Bartman

This QC is a DJI flamewheel copy, I finally found some photos showing the layout..the multiwii FCBoard will go on top of the bottom board and the battery can be strapped to the top of the Q...

now I do have a question for the forum..I have already soldered the ipeaka esc's to the board..but i forgot to set the throttle range first...how can I set the throttle range on them now?? will it work if each esc is independently set while the other three are not plugged in?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Bartman

This QC is a DJI flamewheel copy, I finally found some photos showing the layout..the multiwii FCBoard will go on top of the bottom board and the battery can be strapped to the top of the Q...

now I do have a question for the forum..I have already soldered the ipeaka esc's to the board..but i forgot to set the throttle range first...how can I set the throttle range on them now?? will it work if each esc is independently set while the other three are not plugged in?

you should be able to calibrate them individually with them connected to the bottom plate (I'm assuming the bottom plate has the power dist. built in like the DJI F450?). Just plug them in one at a time to the throttle output of the receiver and calibrate them directly. When you're done plug them all into the FC in their proper places.

should work fine.
Bart

mrsand

ESC Throttle Range Adj.

you should be able to calibrate them individually with them connected to the bottom plate (I'm assuming the bottom plate has the power dist. built in like the DJI F450?). Just plug them in one at a time to the throttle output of the receiver and calibrate them directly. When you're done plug them all into the FC in their proper places.

should work fine.
Bart

ok, thanks....you are correct..the 450mm-Q frame and boards appear to be a clone of the dji system