I think this Vision 2 might be hosed.....

Hello all,
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A friend of mine ordered a Vision 2 and I have never heard of this issue. He is not a technical person so I told him I would try to help.[/FONT]
The vision 2 was purchased about two months ago and has been relatively problem free since day one. It has been babied and never crashed as my buddy is scared to take it very far. He had one uneven landing that didn't even break a blade. Its never been exposed to rain or moisture.
This past week we had been having an issue with the a video delay that just got worse to the point that it would just lock on a single image and never refresh. I didn't have any issues connected to the repeater at this point. I put in a call to support and got the "up date the unit" response....sigh* OK. So after the firmware it appeared to be improved....but only inside on my work bench. As soon as I took the unit outside the problem returned. I had to give up on it for a few days for work. Today I tired to mess with it and now I can only get connected to the router once of every five boot ups. I have to shut it down and start over. When I could connect I cannot see the camera at all. In the binding option there is no information listed just n/a. I do not have the original box so I used the MAC address on the repeater to try to bind it. It says it successful and I click the check mark. After I do that the router disconnects in which I am assuming an auto reboot. After the reboot if I'm luck enough to get connected back to the unit I still cannot see the camera and the binding information is blank AGAIN. I want to scream.....
I have tried other phones and tablets. Thinking it could be wifi interference I went to another location with limited wifi singles.
I'm think I might need to send this thing in for repair......
ANY help would be appreciated!

Yes, I don't do the Mac thing....
I have tried both a Motorola Bionic and newer Maxx. I also have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and 4......
All do the same thing....

Last edited by a moderator:

dronesetc

Unfortunately, that may be the cause of your problems. It's not on all android devices but there is some kind of issue with select customers using android OS and the Vision. I imagine DJI will eventually come up with a fix as they are aware of the problem. In the meantime, if you can get a hold of an iOS device I'll bet the issues you are having will vastly improve.

I understand but to be completely honest I have to say that is bull****. If a company is going to advertise a certain spec they should be able to stick to it. I run retail businesses and deal with customer service and would never intentionally sell a defect product to customers. I distaste anything Mac, its just terrible and I refuse to spend money on a product I hate just so that I can get a defective product to work.

jondrew

You're missing the point. Unlike iOS, Android implementations are not the same from device manufacturer to manufacturer. Many (like Samsung) place their own interface on top of the Android OS. Now I have no idea if that has anything to do with your issue, but for all intents and purposes, iOS is the same on any iOS device and will apps will behave exactly the same (not trying to start an iOS/Android fragmentation argument here).

Hate on Apple if you like, but its possible dronesetc is correct. There may be something going on within the Android device that is causing the video to slow and stall. I had a P2Vision for a few weeks and never had a similar issue with video on my iPhone.