I sold my first editorial shot!

Kilby

I wanted to mention this last week, but I thought it would be better served when the photos were actually live.

Our local alternative weekly news paper, the City Paper, purchased a shot from me last week to use in their "Sizzling Summer" issue they put out every year. It's a round up of all the great things to do around Maryland/Baltimore in the summer months. I do a good amount of photo shoots in Ocean City, MD (our local beach town), and they used one of those for the OC section of the guide.

The paper was pretty happy to get the shot, and are interested in getting some more from me in the future, possibly even coming up with an assignment for me!

You can view it on their website if your interested.

http://citypaper.com/special/sizzlinsummer/ocean-city-1.1315644

6958477844_8cc090512f_c.jpg

-Terry

tstrike

pendejo grande
Congratulations!! How did they find it and how does it work, do you give them a one time use or sell the rights to them? Nice shot by the way, very vibrant.
tom

Kilby

I contacted their director of photography a few weeks back to let him know what I'm capable of. He was interested and asked me to stay in touch. After I took these shots, the town of Ocean City, MD actually used them on their official Facebook page. The album got over 1500 likes and proved to be very popular. When that happened, I sent him a link to OC's use of my photos and as luck would have it, they needed a shot of OC for this issue. I just happened to have sent him the link just in time as they were going to print that night. This all happened on Friday, and the paper came out today.

It was a one time use for a small fee. I still hold the rights to the photo and can do what ever I want with it from here. They also gave me photography credit in the paper and online, so that was nice. It makes it easier to shop work to other outlets.

-Terry

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Superb Terry, well done.

I made our local rag in "Images of the week", :frog:

attachment.php

Kilby

That's awesome, J.T.! Nice spread there. These S90's are getting some work done. ;-)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Well done, it's really good when people appreciate what we do!

Regards, Gunter
via the Samsung