I need some led strips.

Pumpkinguy

Probably 6" long. High intensity In both red and green. Good quality with aluminum heat sink if necessary.
12v. Preferably in Canada but open to other suggestions.

Any ideas? Thx.

Old Man

Amazon.com They have everything you can order from the China suppliers at about the same price. Mr experiences have ended up getting more length with a better product for equal or better pricing. Just take a few minutes to look through the selections.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have had great luck with the “BMW style LED driving lights” from ebay.
Like $10 for two usually available in many colors (I use red and blue) waterproof and BRIGHT...
On 3S they hurt your eyes, and can be seen during the day. Also the wires are all nicely encased...
I also “Bend” them around my motor mounts on my Vulcan frames and it looks like they were made for the task.

View attachment 21770

If you look on the back of my Big Vulcan you can see the strips attached. I later put tow more red ones on the front arms...

View attachment 21770 View attachment 21771

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 248
  • big dog.jpg
    big dog.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 238

Gary Seven

Rocketman
@Pumpkinguy, I saw a video on YouTube by Painless360 that gave me some really good ideas on LED lighting.

What you are considering is fine as you are going with the bigger and brighter "5050" size LED (I made the mistake of buying and installing the 3528 which is smaller and more LEDs per cm, but not as bright). However, you are going the expensive route. You can buy a 5m reel for significantly less than the price I see listed on your link ($20 per 20 inch strip seems a little steep to me). Also, it appears you're not considering the waterproof (ie, outdoors) version.

I purchased my reels (white and red) on Ebay...seems the easiest place to find them. Here's an example link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-300-LE..._Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item51b1954ff7

At 4.79 GBP (about $7.50) for a fricken reel of 5m, seems to be the much better value. Yes, you have to work with it a bit and peel back the waterproofing from the pads you want to solder to, but I found it to be rather fun. ;)

Have fun with the lighting project and the best of luck!

Pumpkinguy

Oh absolutely. Nothing wrong with the type you suggested. I like that they are waterproof. Just gonna watch the video now. Thx

Rotorfreek

Try your local electrical factors or electronic store... In the UK we have a chain called Maplin where you can buy 12v strip led in every colour of the roll, on a self adhesive backing. They are made as under unit lights for kitchens, so you may well find them in your day store too - you just don't need the 12v transformer.

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.