I need power.... Battery power that is

Hi All,
I am building a DJI F450 with naza v2 gps FC and a Spektrum DX8 TxRx set.
I am adding a gimbal for the gopro and wish to add FPV at a later date.
I have some questions regarding battery power that I hope someone here will be able to help me with.
Q1 To get a reasonable flight time what battery configuration in the flight pack would you recommend? I have had 3s 3300mAh to 4s 5000mAh suggested but that by shops.

Q2. If I use a 4s that means that the gimbal I have can't connect to the flight pack and I also think that the Rx needs less than 14.8v (more like <11v) is this right? Will I need another Rx/gimbal/FPV Tx battery and what size would you recommend?

Q3 I will need a battery charger but I would like to charge multiple batteries at once which chargers are ok. I do not want the top of the line or the cheep nasty one either. 240V input would be good as I am in Australia.

Q4 Battery connectors? they are not all the same so I guess it is best to stick with the one brand of battery. When I get my DJI kit will it have a battery connector (from the board) or will I have to get one that suits the battery pack that I choose?

I am sure that I will have many more questions in the future.
Thanks in advance
Crispy

FlyGirl

Q1) I use 14.8v 4s 5000mAh on my 450. I power my video Tx and OSD off the flight battery and get about 8 mins of flight time.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Hi Crispy,

Q1. I am building another DJI450 as we speak, only going to be mega light and very basic with a Naza Lite and no GPS and will run 3S 2200mH packs and it will be fine for playing around, for anything heavier and for longer run time just go with 4S anything above 3000mH will be fine, do keep in mind that you only need 20-25C rated packs, any more and you add weight and reduce performance. On my Disco's I run 3k, 3.7k and 4.5k 4S packs, my quads are up around 1.6-1.7kg and get 9-14 minutes depending on the pack.
Q2. Grab a 12V BEC, plenty of places have them.
Q3. An Eco 6 from Hobby King will charge your packs fine, grab one of their parallel charge boards to do multiple packs. If you do want the best bang for buck charge then grab an iCharger 206B, lots of features big power but you will need a power supply. Otherwise Hobby King have the Imax B6 that does AC and DC, nice charger.
Q4. XT-60, don't use anything else.

Cheers

Pete