I am having trouble with my Naza staying in one place - Wants to take off on its own

dma251

I have not been able to get satisfactory results from my new Naza-gps setup. Its a 450 Flamewheel.

When I have all satellites locked and am flying in gps mode, it will hover stable for a moment, and them begin to wander off, causing me to have to use increasing amounts of cyclic (or whatever you would call the right stick) to return it. Sometimes it will be pulling so hard in one direction it's hard to get it to return at all. It seems to yaw on its own as well. The more it starts struggling, the harder it gets to control.

Ive tried several different gain settings, the voltage protection is off, orientation control is off, I've even put my gains on a rotary knob on my dx8 and haven't been able to improve it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or gain values that might help?

dma251

One thought that might be relevant. I have the gps on the two inch stand. Is this too close to the battery or other electrics and causing interference?

Try troubleshooting without the GPS unit. Are your motors level? Have you calibrate your esc's? Is the Naza sitting flat on the frame? Maybe try a Naza calibration.